Twenty five

Everything was perfect and just in time too for the gathering to start, the family was just waiting for the girl of the hour to show up with Edward. He of course insisted on a meeting before getting Bella, because he was concerned about her safety. Asher, however, did not like that Edward had this much impact over her life. He wasn't her saving grace, in all realness Asher was. But Eddie could never let that be a thing, his god complex could not handle it. at least that what Asher thinks about the whole ordeal. 

"I honestly don't think it's a great idea for both Jasper and Asher to be around her for a long time," Edward said at the little pow wow meetings. 

"Honestly, I don't think your opinion matters to my sister and I being around each other. Considering I was there when she was born and you know, blood related," Asher shot back not liking this side of Edward. 

"I just want what's best for her Asher, you should too. You being a new born is just very unpredictable at the moment," he tried to reason but from the minds around him it wasn't going over well. 

"You know that with all of us around we can suppress anything bad that could happen right?" Emmett butted in. 

"Yeah sure, the final say is that he has to leave after an hour," Edward stated firmly and it earned two exaggerated scoffs. 

"You're a complete prick, you know that right?" Asher told him casually but the fire in his eyes said otherwise. 

"I'm going to go get Bella," was all he said completely disregards Ashers statement and leaves just like that. 

Asher was not happy with the outcome of that little talk, and what made him more mad was that the supposed leader just let it happen. Carlisles favoritism is really showing when it comes to Bella and Edward. 

"So you're just going to let him control everything and not even say a word?" Asher asked directly to Carlisle. 

Carlisle just spoke calmly in return, "He knows what I think from my thoughts Asher, and he knows that I don't agree but nothing I say really matters to him with her." 

"Thats bullshit if I have ever heard before," Asher laughs and just walks away from the whole stupid situation with Emmett on his trail. Waiting to comfort his boyfriend, Emmett didn't like it when his family put him down constantly. Their old ways stuck with them no matter how long they've been on this earth, trying to be open minded is apparently hard when you've reached your limit. 

They got to their room and all Emmett did was embrace him in a tight hug, know that he didn't want to talk  about it because really it was the same shit different day. 

"What if we ran away together?" Asher whispered into his neck. 

Emmett laughed, "You serious about this?" 

"Dead serious," they both laughed at the irony in his words. 

"Where do you want to go?" Emmet asked. This would be a great idea for them, the alone time and just not being near his family just seemed amazing. 

"Anywhere and everywhere as long as im with you Emmett," Asher told him. 

"Perfect, we'll go at the end of the week and I'll get things planned with the help of Ali," Emmett said growing more excited about running away for a bit of time. 

They stood together until called back down for Bellas gift opening, since Asher had given her that ring in the morning he didn't have anything else besides Emmett putting both their names on the stereo he bought her. 

Bella was fresh from her history lesson of Vampire law and being called to the dining. "It's time!" Alice called, "it's time!" 

"Sorry about all this, we tried to rein Alice in," Carlisle told her with his glittering smile