When they drive through the studio gates she can see Jonas and Austin leaning against the wall. She does not want to talk to him so she tells Lou to take the coffee in and bring Jonas back with her. She watches Lou walk towards the studio and when her eyes wander back to Austin, he is looking at Marli, his head cocked in curiosity. When Lou reaches the boy's she hands the coffees over to Jonas, then turns and starts talking to Austin. He continues to stare at Marli, but his face turns red and his features twist in anger as Lou talks. Austin pushes himself off the wall and walks over to the Gwagon, pulling the door open he puts his hand out to help Marli out. He tugs her along to his green Bently EXP 10. "We are done for today. Jonas, you don't need Marli today. Lou go home," he barks out. He opens the car door and helps Marli in then slides in himself. When he starts the engine he looks over at her. "We are going on a road trip," he says. Marli frowns. "Where to?" she asks. Austin smiles and starts to back out. "San Francisco," he says. Marli doesn't think she heard right. "That's a 6-hour driver Austin," she exclaims. Austin turns the Bently into traffic then winks at her, "well then, lucky I got a full tank of gas." 

Austin is recognized everywhere and Austin in his green Bently Exp 10 is just asking for trouble so he avoids stopping but by hour three Marli is practically bouncing on her seat and begging for a pit stop. Austin finds a secluded gas station very quickly after she threatens to wet her pants in his car.  Marli does a quick sweep and sees only one old guy behind the till so Austin parks by a petrol pump and fills up while Marli runs into the shop, uses the loo, and fills her arms with snacks. Then they are back on the road again. With the coastal views, warm sun, low hum of the engine, and Austin's hand snug in hers it's easy to let the harshness LA brings melt away. She can pretend it doesn't exist for how long Austin is keeping her. "Why San Francisco?" she asks. "I have something planned for your birthday, lil mama,"  he confesses. The smile that is slapped on Marli's face hurts her cheeks. Austin has spent time planning something for her? He thinks of her when she is not around? She knows he kept the day free but dinner was the most she was expecting. She wants to ask more questions but she literally can't talk because of how much she is smiling. It's ridiculous really. So instead she just grabs tighter onto Austin's hand and looks out the window. 

When San Francisco eventually comes into view Marli sits up and starts looking around. She has never been to San Francisco and is hoping to catch sight of the Golden Gate Bridge. Austin chuckles at her. "You looking for the bridge?" he asks. Marli nods. "It's on the other side of the city, but we are going that way, you will see it," he says as he keeps his eyes on the road ahead. "Can we drive over it?" Marli asks "If you like," he answers. Austin's hand is still in hers so she brings it up to her lips planting a kiss there. When the bridge does come into sight it's beautiful, Austin heads to a lookout and parks the car. The bridge is lit up, the lights on the tension wires are big and bright but feel like fairy lights, and the glow the lights cast on the water looks like little flittering lanterns that shimmer as the water quivers gently. It's late evening so the sky is a deep purple-blue and from where Marli is sitting it looks like an oil painting. "We will drive over it tomorrow, but at night the beauty is not seen from on the bridge but from right here,"  Austin explains. Marli is in awe, it truly is a beautiful sight. After the sky has turned black Austin pulls out of his parking spot and drives out onto a road near the ocean.

An Aquarium? Aquarium of the Bay. This is the parking lot Austin has them now parked in. They are the only car and Marli is not surprised by that as they are closed, and nobody is here. As if Austin can hear her thoughts he shoots her a playful grin and hops out of the car then walks around to open her door. He takes her hand leading her to the front entrance. Like magic, the doors open when Austin knocks hard, and a small black-haired man greets them from the other side, introducing himself as Tony. Tony is going to take them on a private tour. Austin and Marli walk hand in hand behind Tony in awe at the miraculous tanks of sea creatures, tanks of yellow jellyfish with long red tentacles, little blue fish with bright yellow tails zipping in and out of the coral reefs in their tanks, pink fish that look like they are melted and starfish stuck to the glass. There is so much and it's so beautiful. Marli has always loved the Aquarium, it feels like they are the closest she can get to being on the bottom of the ocean. Her favorite are the tanks that look like huge big lava lamps with either small jellyfish or silverfish swimming around in them. Tony shows them an octopus that he lets Austin hold, its little suckers leaving little red dots on his hands. After about two hours they walk towards two heavy doors that look like exit doors Marli feels she could not have asked for a better way to spend an evening with Austin, she is happy and content. She is ready to drive to a hotel and wrap herself in Austin. Once at the doors they thank Tony for the tour, Tony tells them to enjoy the rest of their night, and then he is gone.