ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔢𝔩𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔫 ☽

ابدأ من البداية

Mariposa, the Spanish word for butterfly, it seemed fitting for not only Addison's character, a shy girl coming into her own as a woman, confident, commanding, beautiful in every sense of the word to Andy. But not only was it fitting for her, it was fitting for their relationship that was going to be. He loved her, he knew he did, and he had an inkling that she loved him too. Even if she was too stubborn to admit it right now. 'Women are made of glass and easy to break.' Matthews words were spiraling around Andy's head, yeah women were easy to break, but his girl, she was resilient and he was going to make sure that he saw things through, he was going to make sure that she was succeeding, that she was safe, that she was his.

Hours had passed, the three girls passed out on the floor, tangled limbs and knocked over cheap alcohol spilling onto their skin, the fragrance filling the room, mixing with the musty smell of old wood. Addison's eyes fluttered open, the bright light coming from the ceiling causing her to groan as she pushed up off the ground, seeing Leslie and Natalie in front of her, a smile forming on her lips. Her friends stayed, she wasn't alone, they did care about her, they cared enough to pass out on the floor while drinking cheap tequila like college all over again. Addison sat up on her knees, heels pressing into the back of her thighs while she reached over shaking Leslie awake, a groan leaving the girls lips. "We can't drink like that anymore." Leslie chuckled, seeing Natalie stir awake slowly, sitting up to lean against the bed. "I'm going to call Andy." Addison spoke gently, reaching over for her phone while Leslie smiled, climbing onto the bed while Natalie squealed. "Don't worry I'll keep her quiet." Leslie teased, while Addison rolled her eyes.

She located her phone, a smile on her lips when a text from Andy sat on her lock screen, telling her to call him, unlocking the device, she pressed his contact, sitting back on her heels while she held the phone to her ear, waiting for his melodic voice to appear. 3 rings was all it took before his voice broke through, gruff and obviously exhausted. "Hi kitten." Andy spoke, his voice sending goosebumps all over her body. "Hi, are you safe?" Addison asked gently, pressing up on the floor, her legs half asleep when she raised herself to a standing position, her hand slapping the cheap wood of the tv stand to balance herself. "I'm safe, are you okay?" Andy asked, worry flooding his words as she smiled to herself, looking over at Leslie. "I am, I'm with Leslie and Natalie, we had a little too much to drink." Addison chuckled, moving towards the bed, throwing herself down on it, her breath being pushed from her lungs when she heard Andy's laugh. "Oh kitten take it easy, where are you staying?" Andys voice reverberated in her chest, her eyes falling closed at the peace she felt when he spoke, fingers gripping the phone tighter. "The Butterfly Inn." She spoke breathlessly, causing Andy to choke on his own thoughts. "Kitten that's not a good area, stay inside or go to my house." Andy explained, hearing Addisons small giggle. "Can I go to your house, I miss you."

Andy felt his heart stop at those words, she sounded so helpless, so needy. "I miss you too." He whispered, gripping his phone tightly when Addison's breath caught in her chest. "When are you coming back?" Addison asked gently, her bottom lip going between her teeth as she awaited his answer, a soft sigh leaving his lips causing her lip to fall from her teeth, a pout forming on them even though he couldn't see it. "I'll be back soon kitten, stay out of trouble my little mariposa." Andy smiled, he knew she was blushing, he could tell by the way her breathing changed, her breathless giggle leaving her plush lips. "I will bubba, I promise." Addison spoke, settling back into the sheets while Andy chuckled. "Goodnight kitten."

The line went dead, Addison dropping the phone to her chest with a small smile, rolling her head over to look at her two friends. "Uh oh, I think someone's falling in love." Leslie chuckled, slipping into the bed next to her, Natalie on her left side, squishing Addison in between them. "I don't know if it's love," Addison explained, sliding up so she was in a sitting position, "last time, love got me no where." Addison shrugged, leaning her head against the headboard, a breathless sigh leaving her lips. "You fell in love with someone who didn't care about your well being, you were a name in town, he had a personal gain." Leslie explained, taking Addison's hand in her own, Natalie mimicking the action when Addison's free hand. "Take a chance on him, we've all seen the looks you two share, there's more to you two than revenge and a pretty face." Natalie smiled, seeing Addison smile at both of them, her blue eyes falling shut.

Deep down, she knew that her two friends were right. She knew she was in love with the man, she had been since the day she laid eyes on the greek god of a man, the way his eyes met hers, speaking the words they never could. The kisses they had shared sent feelings coursing through her that she hadn't felt since she first fell in love back when she was in high school. Any sort of guilt she had about going after her sisters ex husband was out the window, Leslie had been right, Laurie went behind Addison's back and took the one thing she had from her, if her sisters could do it, why couldn't she? Addison had always let Laurie get everything she wanted, stepping back when Laurie expressed interest in Andy, allowing her sister to get the man she wanted.

Flashback

The city square was illuminated, Christmas lights adorning light poles, twisted around trees as Addison and Laurie chatted to various townspeople, all eyes shifting when he walked in the crowd. Andy smiled, his eyes landing on the blonde standing beside her sisters, pale blue eyes meeting vibrant blue ones when she smiled at him. "Who is that?" Laurie asked, tugging on Addison's arm, tearing her sisters gaze away from the auspicious man, Addison's body turning to face her sisters. "His name is Andy Barber, he just moved in not too long ago. I met him at a function recently." Addison spoke, bringing the flute of champagne up to her lips when Andy stepped into her eye line, enjoying the squirminess of the blonde. "Introduce me to him." Laurie demanded, Addison sighing as she nodded, linking her arm with Lauries, working through the crowd.

"Andy, hi!" Addison smiled, stopping in front of the man, his head instantly leaning down to press a soft kiss to the corner of her mouth, pulling back to see the bright smile on the girls lips. "Lovely to see you again." Andy smiled, before turning his attention to Laurie, sticking his hand out. "And you are, stunning." Andy smiled, watching Laurie's cheeks burn bright red. "This is my sister Laurie, she's very single, and very ready to mingle." Addison smiled, stepping back when Andy looked at her, nodding. "I'll leave you two alone." She laughed, turning n her heel to find more champagne, a way to drown the heartbreak she just caused herself.

End of Flashback

Addison let him slip through her grasps once before, and she swore she never would allow it to happen again, and it wasn't, he was going to be hers. 

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ────── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

divider by TomHollandsQuakson Breathin, symbols dividers 1/3