Departure

Tom pushed her away from him and glared at her. "What-"

He didn't get to finish his sentence as Loki was already at his side, grabbing his arm and pulling Tom behind him. He had seen the disgust on Tom's face and knew immediately that Zawe had forced him. Loki did trust his dear Thomas, but after being betrayed by everyone he got scared. 

"You need to leave. NOW." Loki barked. Zawe's eyes widened and she cowered back in fear. Tom wasn't going to stop him this time. Not this time. 

Emilia and Gabriel heard the fighting and rushed over, standing in between Zawe and Loki. Gabe extended his arm to separate them. 

"You took him from me! I deserve to be in your place!" Zawe wailed, the tears in her eyes spilling over. Emilia shot Tom a questioning glance, but he didn't get to explain because Loki's wrist began to turn blue.

Tom's eyes widened and he stepped in front of Loki, cupping his face. "We need to go Loki."

Loki felt his skin-mask start to slip and nodded. Tom turned to Emilia and gave her an apologizing look before taking Loki's hand and walking with him down the sidewalk once more. They could hear Zawe's muffled cries of desperation and Tom cringed. 

Once they were a bit away and Loki had somewhat calmed down, they stopped and sat down on a park bench.

"Thomas." Loki started, but stopped as the urgent need to cry overwhelmed him. Tom quickly picked up on his shaking voice and pulled him into his embrace. He knew Loki had to of seen Zawe forcefully kiss him. Loki was used to being betrayed by everyone, and Tom was determined to never do so. 

"It's okay love. I promise you, I'm not going anywhere. She forced herself onto me and I pushed her away. I love you and only you." Tom pulled away from him and cupped his cheeks, "I've never loved anyone or anything as much as I do you. You are my top priority, the love and light of my life- I could go on for hours just describing how much I love you."

The tears filling Loki's eyes spilled over, running freely down his pale cheeks. His chin wobbled and Tom wiped the tears away with his thumbs before kissing him passionately. It felt as if time itself had stopped- that the world was no longer spinning on it's own free will. His earth was spinning because Loki was on it. Because he was here. 

Tom deepened the kiss and felt a few tears of his own slip out just from the thought of losing the raven-haired god in his arms.

Once the need for air became too urgent, they pulled away, foreheads pressed together. 

They rose from the bench after a few more loving words and kisses and began to walk back to the hotel. 

As Tom stood, he saw Zawe standing not too far from them. He glared at her and wrapped his arm around Loki's waist, holding him against his side protectively. Tom kissed Loki's temple tenderly and held him as close as possible as they entered the hotel. 

Tom shut the door softly behind them as to not disturb their neighbors. It was around one in the morning when they arrived back at the hotel. 

Loki stood in the middle of the room with a swollen, puffy, tear-stained face. He had let everything out on that bench with Tom. He now knew everything there is to know, and yet he never judged Loki once.

Tom locked the door and looked over at his lover. His head was tilted towards the floor, standing in the middle of the room with a heartbroken expression. Loki had told him he was terrified of losing Tom, and that when he saw Zawe kiss him, he thought the worst.