I completely forgot it was a guy I was making out with in such an intense way. That had to be the only reason why I was feeling so hot and bothered at that moment. I was not into him. I was not into guys. But it sure was hot...

I didn't recover my sanity even when I suddenly felt his teeth biting my lower lip, and he didn't let go. It wasn't enough to break my skin, but hard enough to leave me completely at his mercy. I could see a smile dancing in his eyes as he held my lip as his hostage. I had no choice but to wait, no matter how impatient I was. His hot breath on my face, his body against mine, and that victorious expression on his face refused to let me snap out of whatever heat there was building up inside me.

He finally let go, but surprised me when he pressed his lips back on mine. I was still in pain, but I still had to kiss him back. It was a slower kiss this time, more intimate. And much shorter.

He pulled away, his gray eyes not leaving mine. A crooked smile appeared on his lips, and he pushed me away, again surprising me with how strong he really was.

"Now I owe you nothing," he said and started walking. "See you around, Gabriel."

"What? No? What?" I stammered and hurried after him. "Let me take you home."

"No. Bye," he only said, not even looking at me.

I stopped to stare after him. I didn't have the guts to follow him. I was so confused... He didn't mean bye forever, right? No, he was just... I wasn't sure what, but after a night like this...

It couldn't be it, right?

*****

I couldn't sleep well that night. I was too goddamn restless and anxious to fall asleep. Jax was on my mind more than I cared to admit. I still couldn't believe I'd kissed him like that. Like he was a girl... No, not even that. I couldn't remember if I'd ever kissed anyone like that.

This bet was really making me lose my mind.

I somehow managed to catch a few hours of sleep in the morning, and even though I had the luxury to stay in bed until Dad would insist on teaching more about law, I still got up right after opening my eyes. It was barely eight. I took a long shower, trying to calm myself down, but when I stepped out of my bathroom, I felt even more restless, if possible.

Only the maids were up by the time I left my room to get breakfast. They scurried around in silence, wishing me a good day in warm tones. I nodded politely at them all, suddenly feeling like I was suffocating, so I sprung around and returned to get my phone and my keys before leaving the house.

I drove around the city for a while, but my anxiety was only growing worse. I couldn't calm down. I couldn't understand why. It was like all the things I'd been bottling up in the past months were trying to burst out of me. I didn't even know what I was bottling up.

I had to stop the car at the side of the road and turn the engine off. I was not fit to drive at that very moment. I wanted to scream and shout and rip my own head off so I didn't have to deal with it. I didn't even have anything to complain about, so why did I feel like I was about to have a mental breakdown?

Letting out a deep breath, I rested my head against the steering wheel. I kept taking deep breaths, trying to push everything out of my head, failing miserably.

Nothing makes sense anymore...

I wondered if Jax was already at work. I hadn't had breakfast yet, and they had a coffee shop. Maybe I'd feel better if I managed to make Jax throw a hot cup of coffee on me, or at least hit my head through a table.