Exam Results

Y/N was running as fast as he could through the halls of Hogwarts. It was dark, it was desolate- everything felt oppressive.

He knew Hermione was in danger. He knew he had to get to her. As he ran he heard a voice. He couldn't pinpoint it's location but he could certainly hear it:

Kill....kill...die....time to dieeee.....!"

It sounded strange, distorted. Y/N knew in his heart Hermione was in mortal danger. He ran as hard as he could- Hall after Hall, turn after turn. He felt in his heart. Worse than when he was with Jacob. Worse even then when his mother was after him.

Fear. Absolute gut wrenching fear.

Y/N followed the voice desperate to find the source. Desperate to protect her. He turned a final corner and his eyes widened as his breath caught in his throat. He was too late.

Hermione was laying on the floor... dead.

Y/N looked down in terror at her body before he attention was snapped towards yellow eyes to his left. They were big and seemed to pierce his very soul. He stared at them, unable to look away as he heard the voice...

Die...die....die

Y/N snapped up in bed, gasping, trying to breathe. He was covered in sweat and his heart was racing. A dream. It was only a dream.

He looked down to see Katie next to him, still asleep. It had been a hard night. She had woken him numerous times as he yelled or screamed in his sleep.

The previous night next to Hermione he hadn't had a nightmare. Next to Katie, they were non stop. But this latest one about Hermione... that was new.

He pushed the thoughts to the back of his head, something he was an expert in, as he leant down to wake Katie up so she could sneak back to her dorm.

He released the silencing charm around his bed as she left with a kiss, hoping she could sneak out quietly. Katie though had a different idea.

"Last night was amazing Y/N. Your moans... your yells.. Thank you for an amazing night"

She spoke loudly, the other boys waking as she walked back, kissed Y/N and left the room giggling. Y/N sat there speechless and in shock before a pillow smacked him in the face from one of his dorm mates that had woken up and was extremely grumpy about it.

Y/N was in shock. Why would she...? It was like she wanted people to gossip about the pair of them.

That was ridiculous though. Right? Y/N gathered his gear and quickly left to go to the Room of Requirement.

He used the motivation of his nightmare, of Bane's warning, to push him on. Hermione needed protecting. He had to be stronger, faster, smarter. As he finished his workout sore, covered in sweat and out of breath he turned to Newt.

"Hermione needs protecting. What'dya think? Go again?"

The Bowtruckle nodded and Y/N chuckled:

"Yeah that's what I thought" before he jumped up to the pull up pole again:

One

Two

Three

—~—

By the time Y/N had gone through his second work out and showered it was nearly 8:30am. He had been in the Room for nearly two hours.

He limped to the Great Hall for breakfast in absolute agony, his body cramping. As he walked in the doors he noticed four tables looking at him whispering, McGonagall was storming up to him.

His Head of House proceeded to chew him out in front of the entire school for sneaking girls into his dorm. He got to start off the next year with a week's worth of detention. Even worse, McGonagall had told Y/N how disappointed in him she was.

Y/N huffed and sat down with his friends, not with Katie and her friends. He was furious with her.

Y/N dished out his breakfast, Hermione noticed he had even more eggs than normal on his plate. She couldn't look him in the eyes though. She was too hurt.

No one could look Y/N in the eyes- except Lavender. Lavender was death glaring Y/N. He didn't look up, didn't speak, just focused on his plate, eating down his eggs quickly.

He was hurting, he was tired, he was hungry. He sat quietly eating as McGonagall walked down the table again, handing out the end of year results. As she got to the friendship group she scolded Ron and Harry for skating through by the skin of their teeth; congratulated Lavender for her hard work and absolutely gushed over Hermione for her outstanding results. She then handed Y/N his envelope without saying a word.

Hermione sat next to Y/N, her eyes brimming with tears. Straight O's.

"Well done Hermione! That's incredible!" Y/N smiled as he hugged her tight.

"Thank you for all your help all year Y/N. What did you get?" She asked and Y/N shrugged before opening his letter.

Dear Mr. L/N,

Here are your First Year Examination Results. We hope you are pleased with your results.

Pass Grade:                             Fail Grade:
Outstanding (O)                     Poor (P)
Exceeds Expectations (E)    Dreadful (D)
Acceptable (A)                        Troll (T)

Y/N M/N L/N has achieved the following results:

O:       Astronomy
O:       Defence Against the Dark Arts
O:       Charms
O:       Potions
O:       Herbology
O:       Transfiguration
O:       History of Magic

Yours

Wizarding Examination Authority

"Same as you it seems 'Mione" Y/N replied emotionless. Hermione hugged him tightly.

"Well done Y/N. Why wouldn't Professor McGonagall congratulate you as well?"

"She can't stand me 'Mione. She's not alone. Bea won't talk to me, Hagrid last night- you must have seen it"

Hermione looked at Y/N sadly before Lavender spoke up with venom in her voice:

"Well what do you expect Y/N? You broke Hermione's heart. Of course people are gonna think you're an arsehole!"

Well shit. Hermione looked at her stunned. Y/N chuckled before asking:

"You know what I love about you Lav?"

"What?" She snapped, ready for an argument. Y/N smirked his cocky smirk.

"That you never pull your punches. You tell people exactly how shit is. Don't ever lose that".

Y/N stood from his half eaten plate and walked out the hall to pack. He didn't want to be near anyone today as his internal monologue started again:

They've all shown their true colours Y/N. You can't depend on any of them. You're a lion... even the Professors are intimidated by a lion!

"I'm a motherfucking lion. I don't need no one!" Y/N snarled to himself as he welcomed the pain in his legs, ascending the many staircases to his dorm.