Christmas Break

The weeks rolled on as events settled around Hogwarts and the snow began to fall heavier and more frequently. The end of the first term came and there was a buzz around Hogwarts for the festive season.

It was the 23rd of December, classes had finished and the students that were going home for Christmas were excitedly packing their gear and heading down to the carriages that were looping between the castle and Hogsmeade.

Two of these students, Hermione and Y/N, had been arguing in the common room but Y/N had emerged victorious. As the two entered the Great Hall Hermione turned to Y/N:

"Really Y/N I was quite capable of carrying my own case down from Gryffindor Tower" Hermione spoke with a frustrated huff as Y/N placed her case down on its wheels and expanded the handle for her.

"Never said you couldn't 'Mione. There's a difference between insinuating incapacity and providing a young lady with assistance. I was merely attempting to be a gentleman in this festive season" Y/N replied with a smirk.

Hermione rolled her eyes before giggling and giving Y/N a hug:

"You're always a gentleman. Thank you for being so considerate".

The two released from the embrace smiling and rolled their cases into the sparsely populated Great Hall.

Harry and Ron were sat playing Wizard's Chess. As they arrived at the pair one of Ron's pieces smashed one of Harry's into oblivion. Hermione gasped:

"That's totally barbaric!"

Ron looked up smugly and stated proudly:

"That's Wizard's Chess!"

Y/N raised an eyebrow and chuckled:

"What a bizarrely mundane thing to be so proud of Weasley. And really 'Mione? The things you've seen me do and that's barbaric?"

Hermione looked at her best friend and giggled:

"Yes Y/N. You're just passionate"

Y/N chuckled at her reply as Ron looked at the pairs' suitcases, saying: