10- Trail Of Nine-953

Start from the beginning

682 stands quickly. "Then get me the fuck out of here!"

343 snaps his fingers and 682 disappears. "Anyone else?"

Abel, Cain, 096, 049, and Drake step forward and are also excused.

Only Sophia, Sasha, Rocky, and 953 remain.

953 smiles weakly. "I guess I know who my real friends are now.."

Sasha smiles back. "Sweety, we are family. We will support you no matter what you go through."

953 turns her gaze back to 343. Without warning, 953 stands before a military trench. She peers over the side. ' It appears 343 is taking it easy on me.. probably out of pity.. I remember.. this was the day I met Matthew.' She leaps down into the trench and begins slowly walking through it. 'I remember the smell of blood had attracted me to this place.. The corpses I discovered were not fit to eat. And then I heard...'

Before she can finish her thought, 953 hears faint laughter further into the trench.

'I remember the sound had not scared me so much as surprised me that anyone was still alive.' She thinks, continuing towards the laughter. Once she reaches him, she finds Matthew huddled in a corner. 'I guess this plays out the same way, right?' "Hello?" She asks cautiously.

"I.. I killed them.. All of them.. Enemy and Ally alike.. You.. You should run!" Matthew answers back between laughter.

953 crutches slightly, readying her claws. "And why would I run?"

Matthew turns to her. Despite his persistent laughter, there are tears rolling down his cheeks and a sad expression on his face. "Because.. I don't want to kill you too!"

953 leaps back and examines him from afar. His body has just started being taken over by the black tar. 

953 smiles. "I will not be so easily frightened, sir."

"WHY ARE YOU HERE?!" Matthew shouts as he moves away slowly.

"I smelled blood and came looking for food." 953 replies in a growl.

"There is.. nothing to eat here.. my.. the tar consumes all.." Matthew replies.

"So your ability..."

"IT IS NOT MY ABILITY!!" Matthew quickly snaps back. "I NEVER WANTED.. THIS. I.. was a soldier.. I enlisted to.. help people!"

"You can help me, by giving me your liver!" 953 begins to lunge forward, but Matthew quickly moves into close range and grabs her hands.

"Would you kill me?!" Matthew asks sadly.

'I remember this statement.. the look in his eyes, pleading for death.. they struck me to the core. There had only been one before him, a young girl on the edge of death offering me her life. I will never forget her face nor how much I detested killing her.' 953 stares into Matthew's eyes. "If you let go.. I was in the process of trying.." She growls back at him.

Matthew moves her hands to where his liver is. "Please.. save me! Release me from this hell!"

953 hesitates for a moment and then plunges her claws into Matthew and rips out his liver. Matthew releases her and falls back into the muddy wall of the trench. 953, likewise, puts some space between him and her while she contemplates eating this liver.

After about twenty minutes, 953 glances at Matthew, noticing he is still alive. "What the heck happened to you? You should be dead by now."

Matthew looks down at his belly which has healed. "Damn it.." He says exhaustedly as he leans back his head. "I was so hoping that would work.."

SCP CopycatOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara