The Name Game. 3

Chapter 3

"Ugh, these stairs, can we just get rid of them and put an elevator instead? Better yet, an escalator will do just dandee." I huffed as I took my 3rd step up the stairs in my house.

"The Yellow Pages is in the den on my desk dear!" My mother called out to me, her voice coming from her bedroom, which was two doors down from mine, separating our rooms was the one and only bathroom.

A soft laugh escaped my lips as I continued up the stairs. Setting my skates down to the left of the landing of the top of the stairs.

"Today was good mom, thanks for asking" sarcastically I spoke, even though she didn't ask me how my day went.

"Oh that's right hunny! Come in here, tell me about your day." I pondered that thought, I smell, I'm tired and my brain is pretty much useless right now.

"Can we in the morning mum? I'm going to shower, I feel like a skunk"

"That's fine dear, sleep well, I love you"

"Love you too mom, gnite" and with that I strolled into my room, passing my dresser and chucking my clutch onto it. Slipping my shoes off, I replaced them with my pink bunny slippers. Fuzzy and warm, with each step let out a soft and cute chirp, though they were bunnies it made no sense but was undeniably cute.

----------------------------

"I wore red cause you like that, when I text you, you don't text back, no you didn't cause you didn't care- woah-ohahh" my alarm, ugh my damn alarm, why can't you just magically throw yourself out the window?

Aimlessly poking at my phone that laid on my bedside dresser I tried to press snooze or even off

"Baby why can't you see, it feels so good but you're so bad for me, ohhhwoahh" damn, guess I didn't hit it.

"Emilee! You're alarm dear!" My mother called out, a slight annoyed tone to her voice. Woopsies.

"Sorry!" I yelled, flinging my covers off me, detangling myself from my sheets I I properly picked up my phone and turned my alarm off. Now some what awake.

I slipped my slippers on before standing up out of bed, grabbing my robe off the back of my door, I threw it on, tied it around my waist and headed down stairs. Making a mental note that after breakfast I would need to go into the basement and bring up some stuff for Liam. Since he was the worst out of the 5 boys.

The last step ended with a squeak as if my home was greeting me. I smiled to myself and walked through my living room and into my kitchen.

Settling down at the table with a box of cereal, carton of milk, a bowl and spoon I began I eat happily away. A loud thud. that sounded as if something was thrown at the front of my house, startled me making me drop my filled spoon back into my bowl with a CLACK.

I scooted out my chair, walking through my living room, unlocking the door I looked out into the barely lit world. The sun was just rising, the birds were communicating calling out to their mommies for morning worms. Down at my feet sat the newspaper for the day, odd it usually arrives later in the morning, oh well, couldn't hurt to read it. Or could it?

-------------------------

Cereal came flying out of my mouth as I opened the newspaper out of the transparent blue bag it came it. Little bits of colored 'o's laid out on the table with droplets of milk splattered everywhere.

ROLLERWIND Skating Rink

Closing down forever?

Mayor plans on building shopping mall out of the abandoned building.