Central City, October 16th 2028

"I never wanted that future"

Her words echoed in my head. After all the things I've been through to get her, she rejected me, again. I wanted to be a hero, her hero, and she could explain why she couldn't be with me, I wouldn't listen. I became obsessed with her, just like I was with the Flash, and now, I think it's time to change things to my advantage.

This evening, we were dating. Well, that's what I thought. When I told her how I felt about her, I could see in her eyes all the surprise my words created. She looked embarrassed and for sure, she didn't want to hurt me when she told me she didn't really feel the same way. She explained her father prevents her from having a relationship with anyone because of their company, that he said those kinds of relationships were dangerous for all the work they've done. Her answer reminded me what she said to me weeks ago. She never wanted that future. She wasn't happy in this life her father forced her to live, and I needed to do something about it. I needed to show her that things could be different, that she didn't have to listen to him anymore. What if I told her who I really was? Or better yet, what if I showed her?

Then, few days after I told her my feelings, I planned an accident and in that way, I would show her that I can be her hero, and she would realize how much she needs me. But things weren't going the way that I planned them... I wasn't the hero. The Flash took my place and saved her instead of me. I should have saved her. Me. Not him. I should have be her hero. Not him. But he stole her from me. The Flash that I used to idolize just became, at this point, my worse enemy, and that woman that I used to love... Became my biggest obession.

My name is Eobard Thawne, and today... I'm gonna change history.