Part 7

My breathing had normalised during their conversation but there was still an undeniable warmth simmering within me. Every so often William would give me a heated look while talking with whoever was on the other line, causing my skin to flush all over again.

The man had not put any distance between us since answering his phone either.  Another thing that had not moved, was his one hand that was still placed on my waist and slowly moving up and down. The motion seemed almost absentminded on his part, kind of like people who doodled when they were talking on the phone. But that simple action made my nerves go haywire all over again.

I placed my hand over his to stop his movements because honestly, I couldn't take any more of his torture. William Knight had an undeniable effect on my body, which was both wonderful and unsettling at the same time. 

He allowed me to still his hand, quirking a bemused eyebrow at me. I removed my hand once I was sure he wasn't going to start teasing me again. He didn't move his hand away from my waist though, he kept it there, caging me in. 

It was almost like he thought I was a flight risk. As if he thought I would make a run for it if given the gap. And honestly, had I been given the chance, I probably would have.

This is the longest I had ever been this close to William.  My eyes travelled over his face, admiring every inch and attempting to store it in my memory. His bright, attentive eyes, sharp nose, strong cheekbones and his lips that had moments ago been exploring their way up my neck...

I averted my eyes as my face flushed what I could only assume was a deep shade of red. William squeezed my waist, acknowledging that he had seen me blush. There was absolutely no way I was looking up again though.

After a few more sentences and an "I'm on my way" from William, he hung up the phone.

Silence fell over the room and against my better judgement I decided to take a peek up at William. He was already staring at me, a soft smile gracing his usually rigid features.

The man was smiling.

Oh, and what a sight it was...

I thought that serious William Knight was attractive, but warm, smiling William Knight was in a whole different league. 

"Hey," He said with another squeeze at my waist, causing me to squirm.

His light-hearted demeanour chased away the majority of the tension that started accumulating in my body and I could feel my shoulders relaxing. 

He bent down, placing a peck on my cheek. My brain was still playing catch-up when his fingers intertwined with mine and he started leading me out of the filing room.

When we exited the room, my brain finally got past the shock and I dug my heels into the floor stopping William who was halfway to the elevator.

"Where on earth are we going?" I asked.

"Well, as much as I would like to continue doing what we were doing back there, I have somewhere else I need to be and I believe so do you." 

A blush invaded my features at his suggestive reply.

I didn't even want to know how he knew about our family brunch.

"But I still have filing work to finish," I answered stupidly.

I don't know why I said that, it was just the first thing that popped into my head. 

The last thing I wanted to do was go back into that filing room to continue with admin work.

I might be open to other things...

Please stop.

"Would you really rather spend the rest of the day filing?" He asked, cocking an eyebrow.

"Well, no but..."

"Will you stop being stubborn and just follow me for once." He interrupted me.

He started moving forward again when I didn't reply immediately.

"Wait," I said pulling him back by the hand, "don't you think the two of us leaving like this looks kind of suspicious?" I asked, motioning to our intertwined hands.

A sly smile crossed his lips.

"I don't suppose it looks any more suspicious than our already dishevelled appearance," He answered.

I just stared at him in shock. 

I couldn't believe that Mr William-stick-up-his-butt-Knight was busy teasing me in such a blatantly flirtatious manner. In the middle of his company building nonetheless! Had the man completely lost his mind? Anyone could walk right past us and make completely scandalous, inaccurate assumptions!

Well, I wouldn't call said assumptions all that inaccurate gauging from what just happened in the filing room.

Oh shut up!

"Besides," William continued in a whispered tone, "the building is basically deserted anyways." 

He didn't give me chance to protest any further and continued the rest of the way to the elevator, guiding me along with him. We stepped in, watching as the doors closed and the lights started flicking down as we made our way to the parking lot.

Since I haven't posted all that often, I thought I'd rather give you guys another update a little sooner than expected (although it's slightly shorter than my usual chapters).

I'm liking William's less serious side, although I think we all knew he was softer than his appearance made him seem. What do you guys think? 

X