If I Die Before I Wake

Just A story I thought of. I hope you like it and this time I made sure it was edited.

First Chapter will be uploaded soon.

Please tell me what you think and VOTE and most importantly ENJOY!

***********

13 years ago/prologue.

Like a siren's call, he moved towards her, trying to soothe his precious baby. It was obvious she didn't want his help or anyone else's for that matter but he didn't care. He was her twin brother God damn it and she was going to listen to him no matter what until she was safe. He didn't what or who had made her this way but his little Rosie wouldn't have become so upset, so hysterical over nothing. She was was the tough one of the pair but right now, as he stared into her bloodless face, dark eyes all puffy and red, he saw her as incredibly fragile and tender. Now all he had to do was get her to talk about what happened on the way home. It wasn't something you could ignore when you baby twin came sobbing through the door and practically  collapsing in her mothers arms when she sees her.

It wasn't going to be easy though, since she could probably give stubborn lessons to a mule. He frowned as he urged her to the bathroom to clean her up and so she could take a bath which was to help get her to relax and calm down and maybe to get her to talk as well. Still, he thought, it was not going to be easy.

***********

As the night continued, Eric went to sleep, leaving Rose to fend for herself as the nightmares began to consume her. The slithered over her mind like grease that stuck to you no matter how hard you scrubbed at it. Making you rub yourself raw in attempt to get it away. She hadn't told he brother anything about what had happened to her on the way home. She had foolishly decided to take a different way home so she could try and glimpse the sun set over the sea for once. She had been late coming home from her violin lessons and decided to take advantage of the late evening. How stupid she had been.

When she had been driving towards the coast. She had probably been about fifty feet away from the break in the trees when she had heard it. A blood chilling scream. She had stopped and look around and she had seen an old warehouse just a little way off the road. She had  gotten out of the car and went towards the sound. She shuddered as she remembered the agonized screams, the cracked was splattered with blood that had sprayed from the victims neck. The man - no, monster - had seen her, had stared at her right in the eye as she backed away in horror. Those eyes had been dead, inhuman.

The eyes of a corpse, her mind whispered. They had been black, dull, lifeless. And so cold that the air around him seem affected by its chill. That wasn't what had terrified her so badly though. That wasn't the cause for what had shaken her right down to the core.

When she had been running away, she had felt the promise in his gaze that had seemed to burn its way through her clothes and through her back. He was going to kill her. She had felt it, heard it even. The cold whisper had slithered its way through her mind and promised her that it would be washing its hand of her blood by the end of the night. So now she could do nothing but lie in her big warm bad, in her cosy home and pray that it had been her overactive imagination. Pray that she wasn't going to hear any sneaky footsteps out in the hallway. She waited for morning to come. Surely she would still be alive by morning. Surely, it  was just a foolish fear. Surely. For she hadn't seen the sun set yet.

*******

The neighbours were woken early in the morning by the sound of sirens, the sound of screaming and shouting. And the faint sound of quiet sobbing.

Rosalie O Donald had been found slaughtered in her bed.

Year: 1998 

 Age: 15

Cause of Death: Most likely knife or axe. Strangulation also taken into account.

Time of Death: Between 11 p.m. and 2 a.m.

Murderer unknown.

All leads proved unreliable.

No further evidence found.

Case Closed. 

**********

Thank you for reading! :)