Chapter 6 - Unwell Query

Start from the beginning

"No problem. You guys wanna keep playing or wanna go home? I can be your company if you want and I can send you guys if you wanna go home" She told thereupon grinned at each of them. A smile that never left her lips.

"I wanna play the slides," The calm girl said.

"I wanna play the slides too" The crybaby snapped her head and interjected after being silent for several minutes.

"I don't wanna play the slides anymore. I wanna play the monkey bar now" The plucky girl uttered and a contented expression could be seen on her countenance.

"Okay then if you three say so," She said, watching them running to the slides and monkey bar as they began shouting happily.

"Yay!" The calm girl screamed.

"Hooray!" The crybaby girl yelled.

"Yeah! Yeah!" The plucky girl shouted.

"Cute... But too loud. Haih, these girls" She mumbled and chuckled with their cute manners.

6.01 pm

On the other hand, Nurul went to the clinic after her father was back from work. The doctor said maybe her sore throat made her throw blood. She did not have a medical history thus the doctor queried many questions and did a CT scan, chest x-ray, pulse oximetry and arterial blood gas after. All of the results were still normal as usual and she was in a good condition. Strange but facts. No such severe hemoptysis as she only coughed once and not more than 20 millilitres.

She also got a sore throat caused by coughing non-stop yesterday. She felt sleepy then slumbered peacefully in the car. While snugly leaning on the seat in a deep slumber, she felt pretty hot and somehow the car was not moving anymore. Her father will wake her up usually if they already arrived and wait until she stirs before shutting the engine but he left her boiling at this moment.

"What's wrong, dad?" She asked with a groggy voice while rubbing her eyelids. 'We are at the roadside? Ah... That's why I feel like in the oven just now. But mentioning the oven, I suddenly feel peckish. I wanna eat pastries. Is there any pastry on the roadside?' Her peepers wandered around.

"The car suddenly stops. It can't be started. Don't know why lass" Her father told. He tried starting the car again but the engine did not move.

"What's wrong with the car? So sudden at night?" He complained and later sighed. He then unlocked the bonnet and stepped out of the car as well as gazed closely at the engine. "Nothing wrong with the engine. I just sent this car to the workshop 4 days ago..." He muttered while eyeballs travelled to the other parts.

"...and no other damage too. Odd... I'll call the mechanic if the car still won't start" He flung the bonnet and entered the car after. He prayed 'bismillah' and try for the third and fourth time yet it did not start. He tried for the fivefold as they were becoming a grilled chicken at the moment as the heat sunbeam struck through the windows. He nearly called a mechanic after the fourfold but the engine began moving on his next attempt.

"Alhamdulillah..." Nurul and her father said in unison.

The muggy weather made them sweaty and energy drained too. Once arrived home, she walked to her room and almost collapsed after closing the door. She stumbled but had time to balance her weight by holding onto the knob. 'What's wrong with me? Weak so abrupt?' She thought while massaging her temple.

She then went to the bog and take a bath as well as prayed maghrib later. She still felt tired and her whole body felt heavy as well. Plus, her eyes became fold too, sleepy. She grabbed her water bottle and slowly swallowed the water thrice before going to her bed to kip. She plopped on the bed and tucked a duvet on her body covering lower parts till her neck but feet.

"Wha- a-..." She was compressed by a hefty thing on her anatomy all of a sudden. It made her breathing stuck and sought air to breathe properly but to no avail. Sh*t!

'Ya Allah! Why I can't move my hands?!!' She attempted pushing the duvet but her hands just stayed still. How about legs?

'My legs too?!!' She also tried moving her legs but the result remain the same. Paralyse? No!

'Ya Allah, help me! Anyone?!!' Her peepers roamed around searching for a human or things that crush her but nothing. Nothing was on her anatomy. The h*ll?

'Help me! I can't even talk!' She screamed in her mind hoping that anybody would rescue her. Please!

'Mum??? Dad???' She called her parents thru her brain as succour was needed. It was suffocating.

''Suhairul??? Amran??? Zafirah???' She attempted to call her siblings to boot and was almost out of her mind. From weak to weaker.

'Allahu akbar! Bismillah...' She prayed while supplicating with eyes slowly blinking and nearly shut because of the lack of oxygen. She then recited ayatul Kursi perfectly thrice.

'Ya Allah!' She shouted with all her might and her eyes widened and mouth agape. The h*ck happened???