Chapter 3 - Confession

Comenzar desde el principio

There was one male student nearby under a big tree who looked at her with both brows raised and one familiar senior behind merely looking at her. She mouthed sorry to the boy with an apologetic countenance as she did it by accident. She then sat on the seat and inserted her left hand in her pocket searching for her motorcycle key. While reaching for the key, the senior approached her with a 'wanna ask for something' face. She did not perceive he was at the back of her but saw him on the right side mirror after. With shock, she stared at him. He then started speaking.

"Assalamualaikum hi, Dee" He said with the 'wanna say something' face.

"Oh, waalaikummussalam hi Nazri" She replied while furrowing her eyebrows but got unnoticed by him.

"Um... can I talk to you for a minute?" He seemed hesitant yet continue with his speech.

"What you wanna talk about?" She curiously questioned him with a tad of serious tone but at the same time gentle as well.

"Uh... can we talk under the tree right there?" He paused a second and spoke hesitantly while his index finger showed a huge and long tree that was 20 metres away from her spot.

"It's quite far but yes, we can" She discerned it was a bit far but shrugged it off and went along with him.

"So... what is it you wanna talk about?" She queried while swaying her hands back and front before putting one of her hands in her pocket.

"I-um... actually..." His peepers shakingly looking at everywhere but her.

"Uh... yes?" She impatiently asked one more time as he did not answer her questions.

"I'm sorry. I'm a bit nervous... so..." He apologised and paused again with reluctance.

"Oh, it's okay. But why are you nervous? It's not like we never met before" She said nonchalantly.

"Um... actually... I like you since the first time I saw you in the Silat Club" He confessed.

"Oh... Wa-wait, what?" She blurred then perceived his shocking confession.

"I've had been crushing on you since then and do you accept me?" He boldly confessed further. That was unexpected.

"I know we've been friends since then but... I'm sorry" She told with an apologetic front.

"I thought you're single?" He agog.

"I'm not interested to be in a relationship right now" She gently stated albeit he nearly made her blood boil.

"Ah..." A crestfallen tone could be heard.

"I'm sorry, Nazri" She made an apology once again.

"I-uh... But why?" He looked desperate as his question began to make her reach her limit.

"I told you already" She declared and her tone rose a little.

"But I like you, Dee. Very much. I wanna marry you" He began saying piffle.

"Ya Allah, I told you, Nazri. I don't like you. You should just find someone else" She uttered every word clearly without hesitation so he would let her go.

"No, I want you only. Please be my girlfriend" He was as stubborn as a mule and she was tired of his antics.

'Ya Allah, why is he so stubborn?!! Better I get going' She exasperated thought as she wanted to run away from this sh*t.

"Sorry, I have to go now"

"Wait!"

She immediately paced to her motorcycle before he could catch her up and straight away rode to her house. She let out a heavy sigh once she reached while taking off the helmet on her head. She locked the motorcycle and quickly walked to the door. She stuck a house key into the keyhole and pushed the doorknob down thus she stepped inside and locked the door later.

She went upstairs and cleaned herself before making lunch. She wore a black printed t-shirt matched with her dark blue track pants then went to the kitchen and made her so-called lunch, a packet of curry instant noodles. Meh. But at least it could fill her empty stomach. She then began boiling water in a small pot and put the instant noodle until its size multiplied a little. She tossed the water full of candles and boiled another water as well as put the seasoning after it was boiled and put the noodle at once. She off the gas and suddenly her stomach grumbled twice.

She brought the pot to the living room and switched on the television. Her eyeballs lazily watched a drama while eating the curry noodle. She huffed then cast her mind back to her first meeting with Nazri. He always asked her many questions, greeted her with a grin on his face whenever they met and a lot more that she forgot. She didn't know he had a crush on her that much.