"Are you talking bout Mrs. Archibald?"

"Yeah, that old hag..."

A smirk played on my lips, "So, you're not her biggest fan, I thought you were her godchildren."

He huffed, "Not at all, her ex-husband used to have business with us before he passed." He shrugged, "when he found his way out, it's obvious that he couldn't mention that when people asked how they knew each other." He continued, "I have nothing against her, but ever since then, I've always kept a close eye on her."

WELP, now I know way more than I should.

My eyebrows raise, "Thank you for clarifying that for me."

"But, as I said he wants to be a family man and he wants it with you."

"And how do you know I want that."

He snorted, "Please, don't take me for an idiot like you do, Dario. You and I both know where your head is at." Checking his wristwatch, "So, make up your mind quick? I've got things to do, other than talk about my brother's relations."

...

After last night, I've become hung up on the one thing I was afraid of. But, I understand why he hid that part of his life. I wouldn't tell my partner about all of the illegal shit I've done either, especally if it was what he had to do to raise his brother.

I would be lying if I said that I didn't miss him. His ability to make me laugh, or all of those nights we would spend in his bed talking late at night. His charming character. How could a person like that, be a part of a business so dangerous? I honestly just can't wrap my head around all of this. I swear, Sunlyn, you couldn't have picked a man that would have just fucked you and left after that night at.  You just had to go for the undercover mafia leader.

I stare up at the ceiling of my bedroom, while reruns of 'The Nanny', play on my tv. You know you miss him, just call him and stop depriving yourself. Besides, you wanted him to open up and he did.

Fuck it.

I grab my phone.

...

Dario

"You look like hell," Theo said.

I ignore him. Pulling my gun from behind my waistband, set it on the kitchen counter, and took a pull of my cigarette pack.

"Dario, you need to chill out." He pours himself a drink, "Personally I think she is going to come back. I don't understand why she likes your weird ass, but she does. So, have faith, brother."

I take a deep breath putting the cigarette out in the ashtray. I've taken back my duties as Don. Setting up security around the house. Also, sending some of my men to watch over Sunlyn, discreetly. So far she has just been going from work to home.

Speaking of work, my godmother has been ringing down my phone. I suppose she is wondering why I haven't been back at work. Honestly, with everything going on, she has been the last on my mind. "Boss, there is a very loud woman at the door looking for you," one of my men tells me.

Before I could answer, I hear yelling in the foyer. "Listen, I just want to talk to him. I've been calling him and he hasn't answered," Sunlyn yelled.

"Boss is busy right now. You can't talk to him," one of my recruits said to her.

"Listen, motherfucker, I don't give a fuck about what he was doing. So, bring him out here before I take that gun of yours and shoot you with it."

My woman.