24: let's party, people!

Start from the beginning

We were next and the last band to perform. I had asked Carol and Riff for help and I have trained in secret so that I can surprise Barb. I was excited but scared because its the first time I really perform with rock. I've always been a pop troll and I'm afraid of what others will think when I perform with rock. I take a deep breath as I hear the applause for the trolls before us.
-Alright let's do this, I say as we walk on stage.
-Hey guys! I greet the crowd as i adjust the mic stand and angle it to my face.
-You having fun? I keep stalling as Carol and I's guitars get cabled to the speakers. I'm greeted with a loud cheer and I laugh.
-Alright! I say and the crowd mimic me.
-You ready? I turn to Carol and she smiles and gives me a thumbs up. Riff counts us in and we start playing.

(Cue the middle cover by first to eleven *covers volume 7*)
-Hey, don't write yourself off yet, I find Barb in the crowd.
-It's only in your head, you feel left out, Or looked down on, I say and Barb smiles.
-Just try your best, try everything you can, Carol takes over.
-And don't you worry what they tell themselves, when you're away, we harmonise.
-It just takes some time, little girl, you're in the middle of the ride, I smile as i start jumping to the beat.
-Everything, everything'll be just fine, everything, everything'll be alright, alright, We sing and a loud cheer comes from the crowd.
-Hey, you know they're all the same, I back up to let Carol take the spot.
-You know you're doing better on your own, Carol points out into the crowd.
-on your own, I echo
-So don't buy in, live right now, The crowd starts jumping and all of the anxiety I felt before is gone.
-Yeah, just be yourself, me and Carol harmonise again and I walk back up to the mic.
-It doesn't matter if it's good enough For someone else, Barb points at me and shouts: That's my best friend!, and I smile.

-It just takes some time, little girl, you're in the middle of the ride, Everything, everything'll be just fine, Everything, everything'll be alright, alright, We sing again and Riff does a trick with his drumsticks, earning a cheer.

-It just takes some time, Little girl, you're in the middle of the ride, Everything, everything'll be just fine, Everything, everything'll be alright, alright, we sing and it was my time to shine. I had a guitar solo...
As I play I walk to the edge of the stage and I concentrate only on the strings and on the loud cheers of my peers.

-Hey, don't write yourself off yet, It's only in your head, you feel left out, Or looked down on, I go back to singing.
-Just do your best, Carol sings.
-just do your best, I echo.
-Do everything you can, Carol sings and we grin at each other.
-do everything you can, I echo again.
-And don't you worry what their bitter hearts, Are gonna say, we harmonise once more.

-It just takes some time, Little girl, you're in the middle of the ride, Everything, everything'll be just fine, Everything, everything'll be alright, alright! It just takes some time, Little girl, you're in the middle of the ride, Everything, everything'll be just fine, Everything, everything'll be alright! We stop playing and the loudest scream sounds through the village. I smile and Carol skips up to me and we bow before running off stage.

-Y/N what the frick was that!? Barb asks with a huge smile and envelops me in a hug.
-Ow, Barb, guitar, I wheeze and she lets me go.
-I didn't know you- why didn't you tell me? Barb asks.
-Well it wouldn't have been a surprise if I did, I laugh.
-What was it about? Barb asks.
-Well... I know you've been doubting yourself a lot and I just thought it would be nice for you to not feel so... alone, I explain and put the guitar away.
-Yeah, how didn't you catch the drift at "little girl", Carol ruffles Barbs hair as she walks out and Barb laughs and swats her hand away.
-Sooooo Y/N, Barb, you ready to get your party on? Poppy skips up to us and winks.
-Oh wouldn't you like to know? I smile.
-C'mon Barb, let me show you what it's like to be a pop troll, I say and grab Barbs hand and run off.