| Chapter one |

< Amelia >

Today is the day I start my new job at the intelligence unit in Chicago. Im beyond excited but I'm also a little nervous to be honest . I just moved to Chicago from New York we're I worked for the CIA.

I decide it was time to get a new change in scenery so I decided why not Chicago. It almost the same as New York City so I wouldn't have a hard time adjusting.

I walked through the main doors of my new job . As soon as I entered the building I could hear lot of chattering all around. I walked in further to see many police officer just arriving to work and many leaving from working the night shift.

I walked over to the front desk we're a women in her mid fifties was sitting typing away on the computer.

"Hi excuse me" I said once I reached the older women. She looked up from her computer and started at me.

" Can I help" she asked in a nonchalant tone in her voice returning back to typing on her computer.

" Yes I'm Detective Walker I'm the new agent for th-" she cut me off mid sentences and looks up from her computer again.

" Upstairs Sergeant Voight is waiting for you" she said pointing to the stair case on my right. I said a quick thank you before handing up the stairs.

She buzzed me since I don't have my badge yet. I walked the up the rest of the stairs and walked in to see people sitting around at there desk chatting away.

" Umm excuse me I'm looking for Sergeant Voight" I said interrupting there conversations. When those word left my mouth everyone quickly whipped there head to face me.

They all pointed to the office behind them after staring at me for a couple of seconds. I gave them a quick nod before walked over to the office door. I twice knocked before opening the door and walking in.

I was meet with an older men with gray hair sitting at his desk reading a newspaper. I cleared my throat to get his attention before speaking.

" Excuse me, I'm Amelia Walker I am the new intelligence Detective" I said with a soft voice.

They guy looked me up and down before closing his newspaper. He stood up before walking towards me. He said no words as he examined me more.

" Welcome to the team Detective Walker, I'm sergeant Voight" he said taking his hand out of his pocket for me to shake. I gladly took it and gave his hand a quick shake before releasing my hand.

" Follow me I'll introduce you to the team" he said opening the door. I quickly followed behind him and shut the door behind me.

He walked in the middle of the desk we're everyone was. I stood a couple feet away from him giving him some space.

" Everyone this is our new recruit Detective Amelia Walker she will be replacing Haley who as you know left to peruse her career as an FBI agent".

Everyone turned there attention and started at me examining me form head to toe like Voight did in his office.

" Amelia this is Detective Antonio Dawson, Adam Ruzek, Kevin Atwater, Alvin Olinsky, Kim Burgess, and Jay Halstead your new partner" Voight said pointing out who is who.

The moment I laid eyes on Jay Halstead I felt spark going through my whole body as I looked at him and he was staring back as well.

I snapped out of my trance after staring at him for what felt like an hour and waved at everyone. I sat down across from Jay we're Voight said is my new
desk.

I looked up to see Jay still staring at me I tried to hide my blush that was creeping upon my face but it wasn't working.

I looked down trying to avoid his starting blue hazel eyes at me.
__________________________________________________________________________

Hey readers,

Hoped you enjoyed the first chapter of  " CHICAGO PD":)

This was a very short chapter. I just wanted to published as soon as possible so the future chapters will be way longer then this :)

I will try to post as much as I can I will at least post new chapter twice a week even more if I can.

Leave any comment or questions or idea for the story (you'll be credited) ————————>