ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔱𝔢𝔫 ☽

Start from the beginning

Andy stood under the rain for 3 more minutes, the man appearing again, pushing the door open wider, nodding towards the interior. "He's willing to meet you." The man spoke, seeing Andy nod, stepping inside. "Thank you. Place is a lot nicer than it looks." Andy spoke, looking around before following the man down the hallway. "Yeah the boss likes to make sure we have a clean place to work in." The man spoke, stopping outside the door. "He'll get ya when he's ready, don't snoop, it'll get ya in more trouble than you think." The man explained, before he was disappearing down the hallway, leaving Andy alone. He pulled the file from under his arm, opening it up and starting to skim over the papers. The man he was meeting was named Matthew Andrews, a wanted criminal for multiple murders, money laundering, drug running, gun running, a man with a mile long criminal record. Andy's knowledge of the law gave him the upper hand, hopefully the man would see that when he spoke to him. The sound of the door clicking open made Andy shut the file, looking over with a smile at the man who popped his head out. "You must be Mr. Baber." Matthew spoke, stepping into the hallway. "Mr. Andrews I presume, nice to meet you." Andy smiled, sticking his hand out while Matthew shook it. "Shall we?" Matthew gestured to the office, while Andy nodded. "After you."

Addison sighed, pushing off the ground before heading to the closet, pushing the door open and pulling down the suitcase. Her body felt heavy with every movement, pure exhaustion taking over her motions, clothes being thrown lazily into the case before the sound of the zipper filled the room. She pulled the handle up, rolling the suitcase behind her while she descended the stairs, both Tommy and Laurie looking at her while she quickly moved past them, grabbing her keys from the bowl. "Addison, wait." Tommy spoke gently, watching her head roll to face them. "What now?" She asked, her voice cold while she looked at the man, stepping back as he approached her. "Laurie, can you give us a minute please?" Tommy asked, seeing Addison's eye line lock on her sisters, a sad sigh leaving Laurie's lips as she slipped back into the kitchen, leaving Addison and her ex lover in the foyer.

"Please, make it quick Tommy." Addison whispered, grabbing her coat from the hook, slipping it over her shoulders. "I'm sorry." He spoke quickly, stepping over to her while she pulled her hair out from under the collar of her jacket. "You've said that Tommy, sorry doesn't always cut it." She murmured, crossing her arms, a defensive stature that Tommy had come to learn well, watching as she froze when he placed his hands on her upper arms. "I know it doesn't, and I know it does't save how you feel about me. I have to live with the fact I'm the person who broke you after I've been the one person who's held you for all these years. I've abandoned you and I'll never forgive myself." Tommy muttered out, words running together while Addison furrowed her eyebrows. "Do you ever hear yourself when you talk? You chose to do this Tommy, I'm not going to feel bad for leaving. Once I get myself situated, I'll send movers over to get the rest of my stuff." Addison spoke, stepping back, forcing his hands off her arms before she opened the front door, the chilly air swirling around the foyer while she exited, leaving Tommy alone.

Lightening lit up the sky, rain pounding the ground at a rapid pace while Addison rushed down the driveway, unlocking her Honda, tossing the suitcase in the backseat, shutting the door before she was sliding into the safety of her drivers side. A breath left her lips, the cold air showing her breath while she leaned her head back against the headrest. She was past the point of crying when laughter escaped her lips, unbelief taking place of grief. Her life felt like a hallmark movie, a roller coaster of emotions, her own sister taking her boyfriend, when she had a literal adonis of a man for a husband. It seemed unbelievable, in fact it was unbelievable. Her thoughts stopped when her phone chimed, a text message coming in from Leslie.

Les:

'I got you a room at the Butterfly Inn, meet ya there with the key'

Addison:

'See you soon'

With that, Addison was driving off into the storm, a metaphorical one and a physical one, a whirlwind that was never stopping. Rain blurring her vision as she drove carefully down the road, the town lights illuminating her car as she started her journey to the Butterfly Inn.

"I didn't realize I was wanted in Newton." Matthew chuckled, sitting down behind his oak desk, leaning back into his chair while he gestured towards Andy to sit. "Yeah, you have a lengthy criminal record pal." Andy spoke, slowly lowering into the seat while Matthew smiled at him, kicking his feet up on the desk. "What can I say, money and women are the driving factors, you got a girl Barber?" Matthew smirked, watching Andy lean back into the seat setting the file in his lap. "I do, is that an issue?" Andy questioned, seeing Matthew's smug look. "Not at all. Now, what brings you here?" Matthew spoke, looking at the file before back at Andy. "I want in." Andy stated matter of factly, elbows pressing into his knees as he leaned forward. "You want in, you start at the bottom." Matthew replied. "I can make your entire record go away. I'd be a lot more beneficial working beside you than at the lower levels."

Matthew chewed on his bottom lip, seeing Andy lean back, thumbing though the pages of his file. "Or I can take this to Boston's D.A., and lead him exactly to where you are, since you've let me in." Andy smirked, watching Matthew frantically search around the room, searching for his gun, freezing when he heard the safety be pulled down, Andy pointing the barrel of the gun towards Matthew. "Looking for something Matthew?" Andy smirked, seeing the mob boss turn towards him. "Pitch me an idea, let's put the gun away, you set it down and no one gets hurt." Matthew spoke, using his finger to push the barrel of the gun down, hearing Andy pop the safety back on. "I think that was a wise decision." Andy replied, sitting back down in his chair while Matthew did the same.

"My knowledge of the law is extremely beneficial to you, I know the systems better than most, I can wipe your records before you're even a wanted man." Andy explained, raising the file, watching as Matthew's eyes followed it. "I just proved I'm a lot quicker than you think, I have no liabilities, and I'm ready to trade the good life for an exhilarating life." Andy spoke, pulling out a lighter, tossing it in his left hand. "What's the deal?" Matthew asked, swallowing the lump that had formed in his throat. Andy was right about shocking the man, Matthew felt fear for the first time in years, his ability to continue operating hanging by a thread. Andy knew how to take command of the situation, and that was terrifying for a man who's supposed to be boss. "I want to be your right hand man, you agree, I burn this file right in front of your eyes and wipe the record off county computers." Andy stated, seeing Matthew nod. "This isn't how the mob usually works, but you drive a hard bargain Barber. You got yourself a deal." Matthew spoke, sticking his hand out for the ex lawyer, smiling when they sealed the deal. Andy lit the lighter, placing the flame on the corner, the pages erupting into flames.

Matthew smiled, watching the ashes hit the floor, before raising his eyes back to the man burning away his crimes. "Barber, I'm gonna teach you just how good it is to be bad." 

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ────── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

divider by TomHollandsQuakson Breathin, symbols dividers 1/3