Chapter 4 Wave of Catastrophe.

Naofumi Iwatani and Raphtalia have been hunting monsters for two weeks now. Naofumi has been able to unlock a huge number of Shields from feeding his weapon various bits and pieces of monsters while Raphtalia has suddenly grown into a young woman (explained in later episode). Having been injured while fighting against a porcupine-type monster, Naofumi brings Raphtalia with him as he goes to get an upgrade to his armor.

While speaking with Erhard, the blacksmith realizes that Naofumi can't tell that Raphtalia has grown, who instead assumes that everyone who comments on Raphtalia's looks are secretly a lolicon, much to the tanuki girl's displeasure. After deciding against some of Erhard's stock armor, the pair ordered a custom commission and comes back to the shop after another dinner, where Naofumi treats Raphtalia as a child - again, to her chagrin. After he told the story of the sons of Guilliman the ultramarines.

He ready his bolter and chain sword as the horde of the waves began to attacked the small village.

In the village.

Julius: FOR THE EMPEROR!!!

As the Wave of Catastrophe. Are coming in, he opened fire to every at every single one of them as Naofumi and raphtalia saw the power of an astartes. As he gunned down the wave of Catastrophe.

A

s he shot down and one of them jumped right in front of him, he used his chainsword and cut the creature down.

Everyone was surprised by this.

Naofumi: What?

1 hour earlier.

With the Barbarian armor equipped, Naofumi comments that since he doesn't know when or where the next Wave will appear, it is hard for him to prepare for it, to which Erhard informs him that the Red Hourglass of the Dragon's Era is counting down to the Wave and it will transport the Heroes and their comrades to the Wave location when it begins.