Bewitching Brawl.

Start from the beginning

"No! When should I be ready? ", asked Nandini sweetly.

He almost laughed at the cuteness, " 6 PM, tomorrow" confirmed Manik as he walked out of the hall concealing his snigger.

"Papa! Knock knock!! time for medicine!", yelled a musical voice Which brought Vishwanath out of his reverie. His loving daughter had set up a reminder on his phone so he doesn't miss on his medicines. Been ten days since she was out of his sight, five since the last time he heard her. He took a glass of water to gulp down the medicine as he promised the same to his Nandini.

"Ravi! Arrange a meeting with Baby's college principal. I would have to tell them that she won't be attending college for this semester, that I am opting for home study. Inform the same to our family doctor, ask him to arrange the necessary medical certificates. I don't want this to spread in her college creating more issues for Baby. Pay double the charges to the lecturer to keep his mouth shut and to report to the college that he is actually taking classes for Nandini." Ordered Vishwanath as Abhimanyu walked in with a serious face.

"Uncle", called Abhimanyu as Vishwanath gestured the nearest seat. " I know you asked us not to dig up on Nandini's disappearance. But I just wanted to make sure she is safe.", said Abhimanyu earning a deep frown from Vishwanath.

"I asked my friend who is a private detective to track the number through which Nandini called you, he confirmed that the call was made from London.", added Abhimanyu pushing Vishwanath into deep thinking.

" We also checked the Direct flights and connecting flights to London. Nandini has boarded the flight from Mangalore the next day of her disappearance  from the engagement venue. Before you worry, we made sure the full process remained confidential." pronounced  Abhimanyu.

"As far as I am aware, we don't have any relatives or acquaintances in London, she has few friends in Mangalore who went to the same school as her. Nandini is safe, all that I need to know. Rest can wait for a while Abhimanyu, as much as I'm happy to know where she is, I would suggest.. let us wait, I don't want to repeat my mistake again. I have promised my baby.", requested  a relieved Vishwanath.

Manik was in a deep slumber , very unlikely of him to sleep at dusk. His tiring job to settle things as he wished kept him busy and his heavy eyelids ached for a break. With a small smile playing in his lips like he was watching the most beautiful dream of his life, he settled his legs on the recliner and enjoyed his beauty sleep.

A sharp smack on the back of Manik's head woke him up with a start, unknown of the surrounding he went blank looking for the source.

"What the hell, Manik! You are up for ruining my love life since yours is not on track ?", screamed Cabir at a delirious Manik. He shook his head and pressed it with his hands while Cabir handed him a glass of water from the table. Chugging it down , Manik gave a death glare to him awaiting an explanation.

"Why are you behind Navya now? What is that 'critical- life or death issue' you want her help with? You know she hates you? In fact she will be the happiest if we aren't friends anymore. I go through lots to protect our friendship from her wrath. I am not going to be put on a spot where I would have to choose between you two. So quit playing Manik! Do not drag her in between. Please ", pleaded an annoyed Cabir.

Shaking his head to gather all the information thrown at him, Manik folded the sleeve of his shirt as he looked at him and stated, "Navya hates me only coz of my ways with other women. She thinks I would be a bad influence for you. Tell her that I am a changed man now, that I am madly, deeply and badly in louuuuuu" mock quoted earning a glare from Cabir.