"Are you... are you two...?"

Y/N sighed as Katie walked passed, giggling with her friends, rubbing his shoulder before heading up to the girls dorms.

"Yes. Sorry Hermione, I wanted to tell you in private but-"

"No. No it's ok Y/N. I'm happy for you".

There was an awkward silence. Lavender scowled at the ceiling. She was furious at Y/N. She was furious at both of them. Why didn't they just admit they liked each other? Why did they have to keep doing this? And now he's snogging that bitch Katie. She knew she had to be there for her best friend and there would be a lot of tears but she had to support her. And when she got Y/N alone she would hex him into oblivion. For hurting Hermione and for not fighting for her.

Hermione sat there knowing she couldn't take much more. She was barely holding back tears and did not want to break down in front of him. She put on her bravest voice:

"I think I'm going to go to bed. It's been a long day. Good night. I'm happy for you Y/..." and with that she ran.

Lavender scowled at Y/N, yelling at him:

"I hope you're happy! You just broke her heart!"

She stormed off to follow her best friend.

Y/N stood up without saying a word to the two shocked boys or the rest of the party who had stopped and watched the scene unfold.

He stormed out of the common room, students parting a path for him, even the seventh years were intimidated by Y/N when he had the look he currently wore.

As he stormed towards the seventh floor the only 'person' he ran into was Peeves, the poltergeist.

Peeves was overjoyed, congratulating Y/N for knocking out 'Pesky Corner'.

The Ravenclaw was a prefect and would often interrupt Peeves's pranks. The poltergeist was delighted Y/N had hit him so hard he would likely be out for the rest of the school year.

Y/N made it to the Room of Requirement to see a familiar sight- a large circular space. He walked to the middle and dozens of training dummies brandishing wands appeared around the edge and started to move inwards.

"Fucking come on" he snarled as he started to fire a barrage of spells.

—~—

Hermione cried her eyes out into her best friends chest. She was devastated. She had came to a realisation. Hermione thought she may love Y/N. She hoped he loved her back.

But she had rejected him, in a foolish attempt to protect herself and driven him straight into another girl's arms. Hermione was absolutely distraught.

"He's such an arsehole" Lavender said trying to comfort her.