Maybe I should have asked him before I just hugged him? What if he didn't want me to hug him? What if- My anxieties are quickly washed away as he relaxes and wraps his arms around me, squeezing me tightly as if I'm the oxygen he so desperately needs to fill his lungs

I'm not sure how long we stay like that, but my legs are going numb, I pat his back giving him a signal to let go and to my surprise he does. I cant help but smile as I look at him now, he doesn't look sad anymore.

"Goodnight Kol" I beam, "Goodnight Persephone"

Although my full name sounds heavenly as it rolls off his tongue, I prefer when he calls me mìlo. I'd even prefer if he called me Seph.

That'd be nice if you didn't freak out the first time
I make a mental note to one day fully explain why I freaked out, but that one day isn't today. I drag my feet to my car and reluctantly get in, deciding on taking the long way home.

☆ ☆ ☆

Sami: Hey Phoney

Me: Hi, will you get rid of that shit nickname please?

Sami: mmm, no ;)

Me: you literally hate me

Sami: I prefer you to Stevens

Me: I don't like liars

Sami: Crying, throwing up and sliding down the wall how dare Persephone Drakos accuse me of lying!

Sami: This friendship is over!

Me: See you tomorrow Sami.

Sami: See you love <3

Setting down my phone, a smile plastered on my face I try to continue my assignments with no luck my mind always drifts back to him. He only showed me a sliver of himself, not the true Kol Stevens.

Grabbing my laptop I move to my bed, a more comfortable studying area.

Who the fuck came up with the names for the synthetic elements?

☆ ☆ ☆

This or this? grey or yellow I question as I switch between sweaters in the mirror

Mmm, definitely the yellow.

I need to go grocery shopping, along with picking up a few other necessities. It's time like these I feel the most alone. Grocery shopping should be a family occurrence, making sure everyone gets the snacks they want, drinks, so on and so forth. You could even take friends.

I have neither a family nor friends. I tell myself I prefer to be alone but rather, anytime I tried to make friends or put myself out there I was simply rejected, ignored or cast aside.

"Hey! I'm Persephone" I greet, giving my warmest smile. "Yea, and I didn't ask" they reply, exaggerating the 'didn't' "O-Okay sorry" I apologize

I've come to the conclusion I'm just not someone people want to know or be friends with. Sure I've met Samuel but in all honesty I think he's just friends with me because I'm having to spend so much time with Kol, his best friend.