(实) ─ zhongli 、break a leg

NOTE 、 f!reader

NOTE 、 f!reader . modern doctor au . fluff . comedy ?

⊱ ────── {⋅. ♥︎ .⋅} ────── ⊰

"miss y/n, don't you think you come here too often?" the tall male said as he entered the room with a clipboard in one hand. his other hand pulled the chair and sat down with his eyes not wavering from the clipboard on his hold. i gave him an innocent smile.

"i guess i hurt myself often," i said. he slightly hummed, clearly unconvinced.

"and i wonder why." he finally looked up and stared at my injured arm for a while. "i take that you have fallen down the stairs again?" my eyes shifted away from him as i nodded nervously.

his amber eyes gazed at my e/c orbs. "do tell, how do you fall down the stair so often?" my gaze shifted to the ceiling, not being able to lie when looking into his eyes. "answer while looking at me in the eyes." well shit. my eyes found their way to his amber iris once again.

"well, i was hoping for someone to catch me like in those romance movies." i lied, well, not entirely. he snorted at my poor excuse.

"please refrain from doing so. this is reality, not a fairytale. no one will show up to catch you when you fall." he stood up from his seat. "please sit here." he pointed at the sofa that is against the wall. i did as told and waited for his instruction. he leaned down in front of me. his slender fingers held my ankle as i shivered at his cold touch.

"tell me if it hurts." he twisted my ankle as I hissed. "apologies." he apologized. he prepared the x-ray and once the result was out, he said, "we'll be needing a cast for this. it would take about 6 to 8 weeks for your leg to heal." he said. "you're lucky it isn't serious," he commented.

"now then, let's get your leg casted." he stood up and opened the door. he stood by the door, indicating me to exit. i exited as he followed.

⋅. ♥︎ .⋅

"please refrain from hurting yourself again, miss y/n." he sternly advised. "you might get extremely injured these days." he sighed. i nodded, wondering if he ever gets tired of saying the same statement over and over again.

"i'll try not to," i said, saying the same statement as last time. he sighs, unconvinced.

"you said that last time." he silently commented to himself. "i'll see you next time then. do take care of yourself."

⋅. ♥︎ .⋅

about 8 weeks have already passed and here i am, sitting on a staircase in an art museum out of boredom. zhongli has always said the statement 'see you later' but never once has it happened. so i decided to hurt myself to be able to see him.

how pathetic. but i'm a coward. a sigh as the winter wind brushed through my cheeks. i rubbed my gloved hands against my cheeks to warm up. a grunt left my lips as i decided to leave. i stood up only to slip. a yelp left my lip as i waited for the impact with my eyes closed.

and like in those romance movies, i left arms holding me tightly. i heard the source hum and said, "i guess some fairytale may happen." his familiar deep voice echoed in my ears. i felt his long soft hair brushes past my cheeks as i felt his hot breath on my cheeks. "caught you." he whispered as my heart flattered. i slowly opened my eyes and met with a pair of dazzling amber eyes.

my cheeks heated despite the cold climate. this man shows up in unexpected places and times.

⋅. ♥︎ .⋅

♡ 、 when you feel like you're falling, someone will be there to catch you.
♡ 、 remember to take care of yourself and rest.
♡ 、 be confident with yourself. if somebody lost interest in you, it's their loss.

⊱ ────── {⋅. ♥︎ .⋅} ────── ⊰

A/N 、 shortest oneshot i have written yet my favourite <3 tokyo revengers oneshots soon maybe 🤔