(实) ─ albedo 、 liar

NOTE 、 gn!reader

NOTE 、 gn!reader . mostly contains fluff .

⊱ ────── {⋅. ♥︎ .⋅} ────── ⊰

the snow made a crunchy sound as i walked on it. white fogs came out of my lips, and my nose is now slowly becoming red. "it's amazing yet concerning how you're not freezing at this climate." the male glanced my way. i dug my hands in my coat.

"i'm used to it." the male stood up from his crouching form. "what are you doing here?" his teal eyes gazed at my own e/c eyes.

"i heard you weren't taking care of yourself." he blinked several times. well, he heard that statement a lot of times, but he didn't expect you to come.

"i'm perfectly fine." my eyes landed on his eyebags that were unnoticeable before. his eyes were tranquil but tired. my eyes softened.

"are you okay?" i said with concern. his eyebrows furrowed in confusion. he just said that he was fine.

"i just told you i'm fine." he turned to his experiment. "do you need anything else? are you just here to check on me?" he grabbed a glass container. "i'm fine. you can leave now. you most probably got lots of work."

"liar," i mumbled and pursed my lips. "i'll come back later." though i wanted to stay, he was right. i do have lots of work to do. he waved his hand, indicating me to do as i pleased. with one last glance, i traveled back to the city.

⋅. ♥︎ .⋅

"sir kaeya, we have been roaming around for two hours now. are you certain the culprit is still in the city?" the latter looked at me over his shoulder and smiled with closed eyes.

"the guards said that no one went out of the city. i'm assuming that the culprit is still here." my shoulders slumped forward. 'i guess i'm a nobody.'

"i won't be surprised if the culprit was an animal." the blue-haired male chuckled. the both of us halted on our track as a squirrel stopped in front of us. the squirrel had the necklace we had been looking for between its teeth. my eyes widened as kaeya's eyes beamed in delight.

"you should try out fortune-telling." he jokingly nudges my sides and slowly jogs towards the squirrel that has begun to sprint away the moment it saw us.

i shook my head with a sigh. "someone prepare my funeral." i huffed and ran after them.

"did you catch it?" i placed both of my hands on my knees, panting.

"yes, great work." he patted my shoulder with the squirrel in his other hand. he took the necklace between its teeth. "animals are troublesome." he sighed as i laughed, agreeing.

"but cute," I added, and he merely nodded. he let the squirrel go then crossed his arms.

"i will head back. you should go back to mr. alchemist." my face flushed as i gazed anywhere but him.