"I just suggested it since it's the only competition we can fucking watch. The cooking competition isn't allowing spectators."

"Okay whatever what are you so mad for?" Mu qing rolled his eyes and went back to eating.

Xie lian and Hua cheng was just looking at the two of them.

Feng xin was about to speak when Mu qing suddenly stood up, packing up his lunch.

"Y'all go watch the pageant or something I'm not really interested."

"Where are you going?" Xie lian asked.

"Somewhere quiet." He said and yawned then started walking.

Feng xin wanted to follow but decided not to. He turned to the to the other two who's already looking at him.

"What?"

"You're not going after him?" Xie lian asked.

"Why would I?"

"Because you always do?" Hua cheng sarcastically pointed out.

"No i don't."

"Feng xin did something happen between you two?" Xie lian asked concerned.

"Nothing!"

Xie lian and Hua cheng looked at each other before Xie lian spoke.

"Sorry Feng xin, I just remembered we had something to do." And quickly pulled Hua cheng up.

"Yeah we have something to do." Hua cheng seconded and held Xie lians waist.

Seeing the act, Feng xins face showed a disgusted expression while Xie lian just smiled innocently and turned to leave.

Suddenly, Feng xin was left alone.

"What the fuck?"
~~~

Feng xin, after left alone, had nothing to do so he just went back up the rooftop to maybe take a nap and pass time.

When he arrived, someone was already laying down on his place yesterday. He frowned and walked closer.

The man was sleeping on his stomach and is hugging the bag he's using as his pillow.

As feng xin got closer, the more complicated his expression was.

"Mu qing?"

There was no response so Feng xin looked around and stared at him for a moment. And as if reaching a conclusion, he sighed and turned around walking towards the door.

"Hey."

Feng xin stopped at his steps and looked over his shoulder and saw mu qing on the same position, eyes still closed.

'Is he sleep talking?' Feng xin thought before shaking his head and continued his way to the door.

'Im not gonna stay here and hear names coming from you again. It just makes me feel..'

"Are you really just gonna leave me here like that?" Mu qings voice echoed again.

Feng xin instantly turned around and saw Mu qing's eyes looking at him.

"Sorry did I disturb you? Don't worry I was about to go anywa-"

"Are you avoiding me?"

"...no? Why would I."

"Right. Why would you?"

"...I'm.. gonna go now, go back to sleep or something."

"See? You ARE avoiding me."

"Like I said I'm not."

"Stay here with me then."

Feng xin hesitated for a moment. Mu qing hated that indecisive face. Did he hate being alone with him that much? Is what he was thinking. He clicked his tongue and watched as Feng xin made his way and sat not so far away from him.

"Why are you sitting so far away?"

Feng xin shrugged and leaned back against the wall.

Mu qing observed him for a moment. He then, hugged the bag and snuggled his face, closing his eyes.

Feng xin looked at him for a moment.

Minutes passed with nothing but silence when Feng xin stood up. Mu qing thought that he's leaving again. He'd be lying if he said he wasn't disappointed. But to his surprise, he felt Feng xin lightly lifting his head and replacing the bag he's using as pillow with his lap.

Mu qing turned and faced upwards. Feng xin was looking at him and he stared back.

"Hey aren't you sleeping?" Feng xin said and placed his hand on mu qings eyes.

"Mhm."

The only thing that could be heard is the whistling of the wind and the chattering noises down the building.

Feng xin moved his hand from Mu qing's eyes to his hair and played with it.

Mu qing kept his eyes closed and felt the breeze touch his face while the other was gently playing with his hair.

He opened his eyes and stared at the blue sky.

"Say, why are you avoiding me?"

Feng xins hand stopped. Feng xin stayed quiet for a few seconds before opening his mouth.

"I told you. I'm not avoiding you."

"Why were you ignoring me then?"

"When did I?"

"Yesterday. And also this morning. If Xie lian hadn't invited us for lunch, you wouldn't have talked to me. Much less look at me."

"I..." Feng xin couldn't find the right words to spit out. What was he supposed to say? That he's bitter with the fact that he could never have a special place in his heart? That he's scared that this unknown feeling would continue to develop? That he's scared he'd cross his line and have false hope that someday he'll open up to him? That he's thinking what's the use of being beside him if he already has lots of friends to protect him and him adding wouldn't make much difference?

Feng xin know it's none of those. He knows that he's just scared to admit his feelings towards this man. Knowing that he probably won't be able to return it.

"You what?" Mu qing asked now looking at him with a brow raised.

Looking at Mu qing, Feng xin realized.

'How selfish of me. Even if he couldn't ever return it, why should that matter? He doesn't need to know about my feelings. All I need to do is protect this man. And wait for this feelings to fade. Right now, Im satisfied with things the way they are.'

He flicked mu qings forehead and grinned. "That's just your imagination. Stop assuming."

Mu qing sat up and pointed at him. "No! I'm absolutely sure! You da-"

He was cut off by Feng xins laugh. He glared at him and pushed his shoulder. "What are you laughing at?!"

"Haha nothing nothing. Just sleep you moron. You look hideous." Feng xin said pointing at mu qings eyebags and placed Mu qing's head back to his lap.

"Whatever." Mu qing spat and turned to his side facing Feng xin's stomach.

Feng xin leaned on the wall behind him and placed his hand on Mu qing's head.

"You better not do that again you asshole." Mu qing mumbled before sleeping.

Feng xin just smiled and patted his head before reaching out to his pocket and pulled out his phone.