New Memories - CHAPTER 70

Start from the beginning

Remi nodded, hoping that what Marcelo was saying was true. He loved the old memories that he had with Marcelo, and he hoped that they were never forgotten in his mind. But, of course, those good memories led to bad, painful memories that make Remi cringe whenever he thinks of them. Therefore, most times, he tries not to think about his past memories at all, even the good ones.

Eventually, the car ride came to an end. Remi looked up to see what place they were at. He was surprised to see that they were at the restaurant that Marcelo had taken him that night. He exhaled before leaning back in his seat again as the previously mentioned bad memories replayed in his mind.

The feeling of unease that Remi had the entire time at the restaurant.

The wonderful, pleasurable, and passionate night that the two had.

Then, waking up alone and realizing that Marcelo left him.

"Teo, hey, it's okay," Marcelo said, grabbing Remi's hand and interrupting his thoughts. "I told you that we're gonna make new memories, remember? We're here to replace those other memories."

Remi felt his heart pounding in his chest. He shut his eyes and played Marcelo's words over and over in his mind. New memories. New memories. New memories. New memories.

Exhaling again, Remi opened his eyes. He turned to Marcelo and nodded, letting a smile overcome his face as he squeezed Marcelo's hand.

Getting out of the car, Remi went around the front and met Marcelo who'd already gotten Elio out and was holding his hand.

As the restaurant's door opened, there was immediately a crowd seen inside. With the dark lighting however, it was hard to see who was all in the crowd. But luckily, Marcelo made a reservation, so Remi didn't have to worry about that.

"Hi, may I help you three?"

"Yes, we have a reservation under the name Reid, r-e-i-d."

"Okay," the woman nodded. She scanned her eyes over the screen of her computer before she nodded. "Marcelo Reid."

"Yes."

"Alright, follow me."

The four walked through the restaurant, skipping past the crowd. It was a bit weird because they didn't go to a booth. Instead, they went to one of the isolated rooms to the far right of the restaurant that despite being isolated had walls of glass. The woman gave them menus, told them that their waiter would be with them in a bit, and then she left.

Remi looked around, gazing at the room. The entire restaurant had its fanciness, but this room was super duper fancy. "Why are we in this... luxurious room instead of a booth," Remi chuckled.

"Well, luxury can lead to better memories, amirite?"

"Sometimes. Maybe."

As Remi looked over his menu, he couldn't help but notice the anxious feeling in Marcelo building up as the minutes passed by. He was tapping his fingers against the table, shaking his leg, everything. But the difference between this time and the last time that the two were at the restaurant was that Remi could feel a sense of excitement underneath Marcelo's anxiousness. Therefore, it didn't make him feel as uncomfortable.

After a few moments passed, the room's door opened and in came a male waiter. "Good evening. My name is Acre, and I will be you guys's waiter for tonight. Would you guys like to start with just drinks or are you all ready to order?"

"Uh..." Marcelo looked at Remi for a few seconds before looking back at the waiter. "I think we might need a few more minutes. Only drinks for now."

"Alright, what can I get you three?"