✔︎ || greenes

Start from the beginning

Rick held Carl's had as he led Shane into the house and into the room Callie was in. Hershel was talking care of her. "You know her blood type?" Hershel asked.

Rick looked at Shane then back at Callie. "N-no, she isn't mine." Rick told him, looking down at her. Lexa didn't know. The realisation hit him. Lex had come to care for the young girl and taken her under he let wing

Hershel nodded as he turned to the man. "What happened?" He asked, wanting to know how she got shot.

"I was tracking a buck. Bullet went through it. Went clean through." He stuttered, poring to outside. He didn't mean to hit the girl.

"The deer slowed the bullet down, which certainly saved her life, but it did not go through clean. It broke up into pieces. If I can get the bullet fragments out.. And I'm countin' six." Hershel informed them. Rick bit his bottom lip, nervously.

"Lexa doesn't know." Rick muttered. Shane saw the hurt in his eyes and laid a hand on his shoulder. The two men were like Lexas brothers for many years, this knew it would hurt her seeing Callie like this.

"No, she-" Shane started but Rick cut him off, shaking his head, looking down at his shaking hand. He couldn't look at the young girl.

"Lexa doesn't- she doesn't know." Rick stuttered.

♐︎

Lori and Lexa were anxious due to hearing a gun being fired. The pair was nervous and the group could see it.

Glenn placed his hand on Lexas shoulder, snapping her out of her gaze. "They are okay." He promised and Lexa nodded, giving a small smile to him.

"You still worrying about it?" Andrea asked the pair, Lori was a little bit behind and the group turned around to see her.

"It was a gunshot." Lori said, looking at where we just came.

"We all heard it." Daryl spoke up, watching Lexa close. She looked like she was going to have a panic attack but she was strong.

"Why one- Why just one gunshot?" Lori turned around, looking at Daryl.

"Maybe they took down a walker." Daryl suggested but Lexa shook her head, turning to face him.

"Rick wouldn't do that. He wouldn't risk that, Daryl." Lexa looked at Daryl then back at Lori. Lexa was nervous herself but she had to calm her nerves.

Lori agreed with Lexa. "Or Shane. They'd do it quietly." She added, nodding at Lexa.

"Shouldn't they have caught up with us by now?" Carol asked, also anxious.

"There's nothing we can do about it, anyway. Can't run around these woods chasing echoes." Daryl said, firmly.

"So, what do we do?" Lori asked him.

"Same as we've been. Beat the bush for Sophia, work our way back to the highway." He told her, nodding his head to the direction of the highway.

"I'm sure they'll hook up with us back at the RV." Andrea said, giving Lexa a smile which Lexa sent back.

The group started to walk until Andrea spoke to Carol. "I'm sorry for what you're going through. I know how you feel."