"As long as you're happy and healthy." Cyris says. Another servant arrives with a tray of food for Cyris to eat. The two ate together, chatting about their workload and several other royal affairs. Throughout the years, The Empire of Bestetia had prospered under Cyris's and Arthir's rule. Not only has their military strengthened, but the Empire's economic and social activity had improved greatly. There were several advancements, especially in technology.

"I thought of a name." Arthir said, putting his fork away.

Cyris wanted Arthir to name their child. With a smile, he was excited to hear what name Arthir thought of. "What is it?"

"Cytheus."

"..."

"Is it bad?"

"No, it's perfect." Cyris replied, brimming with happiness.

"I'm glad-oh?"

"Is something wrong?"

"He kicked again." Arthir chuckled. "And again. Are you excited, baby? Do you like your name?"

Arthir continued to talk to their unborn baby. Cyris's eyes twinkled in so much mirth as he watched his husband chat with their baby animatedly. He asks, "He must've heard it was about him. You really like talking to him huh?"

"Hmm...Even if he doesn't understand yet, I love to talk to him as much as possible." Arthir explained. "I just want to convey that I'm here for him. Back then, I had no one to talk to. In those rare moments I did have someone to talk to, it wasn't very pleasant."

"Arthir..."

"I absolutely do not want him to go through what I did." Arthir said, caressing his bump. "I would do everything to make sure he doesn't."

"He won't." Cyris said, placing his hand on the top of Arthir's hand. "I'm here for the two of you."

"Thank you." Arthir replies, voice trembling. "Thank you for everything."

"Poverty and corruption plague the streets like a disease, my prince. If I were to make an analogy, I would compare my entire homeland to a cage, a prison. Those outside the cage will mock you and ruin your life, and those inside the cage have no choice but to take it and endure it."

Arthir was a bridge between the cage and outside the cage. He may have physically been outside, but he was cornered inside the cage in several other ways. The memories are strangely vivid. Words were knives, actions taken were punishments, warnings and messages, and his home was no home.

Ever since the beginning, he was alone.

He was prepared to live his life within the darkness, alone until the end. The thoughts that would surround him were desolation. Definite thoughts, unwavering and dead set. Thoughts of...There was no one out there for him, who would ever want to be with him? A Third Prince abandoned by his own country, a prince who had nothing but a title with no power.

He was proven wrong by one man.

And his name was Cyris.

...

If things went differently that day...

If things didn't play out the way they did...

Then Cyris and him...

This child...

Arthir stood up from his seat, surprising Cyris. He moves closer, closing the distance of sitting on Cyris's lap and laying his head on Cyris. "I'm glad you challenged me that day."

"...I am too. Thank you for accepting."

In the end...

They were glad, no, more than glad.

That they proved each other wrong.

They wouldn't have it any other way.

And it wasn't long before the whole Empire celebrated the joyous occasion of the birth of the little prince of Bestetia.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello Everyone!!

And...we are at the end!

Merry Christmas once again!

How was the epilogue?

Also---

-

-

-

-

-

-

Friend-san: Merry Christmas Everyone!!

Thank you so much everyone for reading He Holds His Crown. It was fun to work on this and I'll be honest, I feel sad of letting go of Arthir and Cyris. All the characters I create, I just grow attached and it's always hard to say goodbye. But they ended on a happy note and I'm glad.

Note: The main story's completed but Extrad will be published the next day!

I'll leave the rest of my message on the Thank You Note. Thank you so much for reading my story everyone! I really appreciate it and it makes me happy to know that I am able to gift this to you guys. Once again, thank you for all the support, views, votes and comments!

I'll see you on the next note!