Chapter 3: "TAKE HIM OUT RIGHT NOW!"

Prince Arthir and Prince Cyris were forbidden to fight for the next few days due to recovering, which they thought was preposterous. They were completely fine after a day of resting, but Arthir chose to keep quiet, unlike Cyris who voiced his complaints.

"I want to fight him!"

"Your father says no."

"But-"

"He says no!" Cohlin raised his voice.

Arthir just watches Cohlin scold Cyris in bed as he sipped herbal tea. He smiles at the maid with ginger hair beside him. She was called Selena and she was assigned to be Arthir's personal maid for his stay. "This herbal tea is lovely."

"Thank you, your highness." Selena replies with a smile of her own. Arthir was easy to talk to and there was this sense of openness with him, yet still refined and firm.

"Hey." Arthir hears Cyris call him heatedly.

"I gave you my name, did I not?" Arthir says, sipping his tea.

"When my father lifts the ban, we will battle again."

"Gladly."

After resting, Cyris got up and made his way to his Father's office. He knocks on the door and informs his father of his presence. He finds his father drowning in paperwork, so he had to go around his desk to talk to him.

"Cyris, what do you need?"

"Father, when can we fight again?"

The Emperor sighed. "No."

"That does not answer my question."

"Cyris, no. You can't fight him again."

"When will I be able to? You can't restrict us forever. He also wishes to fight me."

"Cyris...Let's make a deal."

"A deal?" Cyris tilted his head, his face unsatisfied.

The Emperor nods. "You can fight him again, after spending time with him."

"...What?" Cyris looked confused now. "Spend time with him? In what way?"

"Take him out right now!" The Emperor ordered.

So that's what father meant by spending time.

"Understood father, I will be swift with my work."

"Don't kill him!"

"Tsk."

"Take him out as in take him out on a date!" The Emperor sighs in exasperation.

"A date? How am I going to take him out on a calendar? Or do you mean the fruit?"

The Emperor was going to destroy his desk with his bare fist at this rate. What went wrong when he raised this child? What went wrong?

"Cyris, please treat Prince Arthir well." The Emperor said solemnly. "According to several sources, Prince Arthir wasn't treated fairly by his own country. To tell you the truth, he was sold to us."

"..." The Emperor gains a reaction from his son, his surprise not missed.

Then a question popped up in Cyris's mind. If his own country doesn't even appreciate him, why he is so insistent on going back?

"Now go and walk him around our city. I'm sure he would love to go out." The Emperor says, "But don't tell him that I told you to ask him on a date, alright?"

"Alright?" Cyris was still confused, but did as his father told him. He makes his way to the other side of the palace where Arthir resides. He finds Arthir with his maid taking a stroll and looking at the holograms that showcased famous faces of warriors and heroes. Unexpectedly, he dropped his classy and sophisticated front and examined the faces with childlike excitement.