Chapter 5

Lee Kiyoung's POV

In fact, Jung Hayan wasn't the only treasure.

Kim Hyunsung, and maybe even Dokja.....

They are all treasures. A hidden gem I have found.

The most important one would be Kim Hyunsung.

After all, he was someone who had probably once seen the end of this world.

He knew what was going to happen and was willing to use this information to change the future.

In a fantasy novel setting, he was kind of like the 'chosen warrior'.

There was no reason to not maintain a good relationship with him.

I was jealous of what he was going to get or use.

It was already set in stone that he would climb high.

I thought I should benefit from him as much as I could.

"How much further is it? Are you sure this is the right way?"

"Yes, we are almost there."

After we walked a bit further, we arrived at a wide space.

'Not bad.'

It was a pretty good place.

There was only one entrance, that wasn't bad at all.

There seemed to be some way to prevent monsters from entering, but I couldn't see it clearly from the outside.

"Amazing. How did you find this place?"

'You already knew about it.'

"I somehow stumbled upon it while I was looking for the right place for survivors to stay."

"You are very lucky..."

He probably used this place in his previous life.

As we gradually approached the entrance, I could see some woman coming out to greet us. She was a little short but gave an overall charming impression.

"Hyunsung oppa, you are back? Ah, there are new people."

I saw how she flinched a little at the sight of Park Deokgu, who had a robust body and was armed with sword and shield, but surprisingly, she didn't lose her smile.

'Nice reaction.'

She gave a good first impression.

"Jihye-ssi."

"You were running a little late, so I was worried about you."

[Checking the status window and talent levels of the player Lee Jihye.]

[Name: Lee Jihye]

[Title: None. You should try a little harder.]

[Age: 29]

[Disposition: Selfish Ambitionist]

[Class: None]

[Stats]

[Strength: 05/Potential growth: common or lower]

[Agility: 09/Potential growth: common or lower]

[Stamina: 09/Potential growth: common or lower]

[Intelligence: 18/Potential growth: rare or higher]

[Endurance: 08/Potential growth: common or lower]

[Luck: 12/Potential growth: common or lower]

[Magic Power: 00/Potential growth: common or lower]

'Trash.'

I muttered in my heart, unknowingly. She was trash to the extent that she was even further beyond help compared to me, but at the same time, she was very similar to me.

[Overview: Congratulations, player Lee Kiyoung. You have finally found your soulmate. The two of you may be the perfect match for each other. Low stats, low potential. Trying to wield a sword or wand is not recommended. Alternatively, it might be a different story if, captivated by each other's lousy talents, the two of you choose to live out the rest of your lives together quietly. But I don't want the two of you to get together. I would feel sorry for the 2nd generation born from your union.]

I tried hard to ignore all the insults packed in there. It was clear that the status window message was trying to provoke me.

I quickly turned off the status window, and then recalled this woman's information in my mind.

Her disposition was very eye-catching when paired with her lousy talent level and poor stats.

'Selfish Ambitionist.'

Maybe she was the same type of person as me.

Unlike other people in this place, her way of interacting with Kim Hyunsung was very conspicuous.

She had chosen to rub onto Kim Hyunsung to survive.

"Hehe. May I know your names?"

"Park Deokgu."

"I'm Lee Kiyoung."

"J-Jung Hayan. Please, take good care of me."

"Yes, nice to meet you all. Oh, and who is that child on your shoulder Hyunsung oppa?"

She peeked over to better see the kid.

She has a look as if calculating whether the kid would be useful or not.

Somehow it irritates me a little.

"He is Kim Dokja. Jihye-ssi can you please lead them to a place where they can rest? It seems they are a bit tired."

"Of course, leave it to me, Hyunsung Oppa."

She cutely clenched her fist, but knowing her disposition, I couldn't feel any warmth from it.

"What about the child?"

Kim Hyunsung thought about it for a while. "I will take care of him myself."

After Hyunsung is gone, not only the child she also scanned me, Jung Hayan, and Park Deokgu up and down, maybe she was also calculating what role we would play after joining this place.

In the case of Park Deokgu, who was carrying a sword and shield and had a huge body, it was an instant pass.

As for Jung Hayan, who stumbled on her legs, and the miserable I, who supported her, it was most likely a failing grade.

It was funny how she instantly stuck to Park Deokgu and chirped.

They talked for a bit.

Mostly it is about how Deok-gu makes it out until here and then he would praise me saying this and that.

'Useless babbling.'

It would be better if he just shut his mouth off.

"Oh, I see. I'm really glad to hear this. Our shelter will be a little safer now."

A slightly raised tone of anticipation.

However, I didn't feel good about it. Because, right now, other survivors were also staring at us.

For me, the gazes they are giving were unpleasant.

'Relief.'

They were all relieved. The appearance of two guys with a spear, sword, and shield made them sigh with relief.

"Huh..."

I expected something like this, but seeing it with my own eyes made me sigh.

Kim Hyunsung made this place very safe.

For them, not for us.