Chapter 23: Small talk

"Ms. Sato. The sons and daughter of Avatar Aang is looking for you."

The CEO raised an eyebrow upon hearing it. She knew what will be their conversation. It's about her relationship with Korra. She don't want to talk about it but for respect, she decided to let them. She earned a sigh before answering.

"Okay. Escort them here." The heiress said. Her employee nodded and closed the door. Asami fixed the papers scattered in her desk. A few seconds later there was a knock coming from the door.

"Come in." The Engineer said. The door opened and there was Tenzin, Bumi, and Kya entered the room.

"Good afternoon Master Tenzin, Bumi and Kya." The young CEO greeted them formally. The master sighed before he begin.

"Asami. We just want to talk to you about that—.. "

"About Avatar Korra?" Asami interrupted him sarcastically. She even emphasized the word 'avatar'. Her voice is full of anger and bitterness. But behind those expressions, the waterbender Kya saw the small amount of tears building up in the young CEO's eyes.

"Asami. Korra's too afraid to lose you." Kya said. The heiress just smirk and rolled her eyes.

"You knew she was lying to me, didn't you?" The non-bender asked bitterly. But still with respect.

"At first we protested about it. But Korra begged us to keep quiet. She said she'll tell you. But in the right time." Tenzin explained.

"When?! When would she tell me?! T-Tenzin. I looked like an idiot there because I've no idea that my girlfriend is the avatar. The most powerful bender in the world! I-I don't even know she was a bender!" The heiress yelled; and now she was crying. She can't move on from her emotions since the day she knew the truth. Kya rushed to her and hugged the crying CEO. The non-bender returned the embrace and cried on Kya's shoulder.

"Please, Asami. Korra loves you so much. You should give a try to forgive her." Tenzin said.

"Yeah. The avatar is not feeling well earlier. She don't even bother to eat since this morning." Bumi said and tap Asami's shoulder. The engineer's expression became worried but then changed with anger and hatred. She released from the hug, wiped off her tears and bravely faced them saying, "I'm sorry Tenzin. I can't now. Y-You may leave now." The heiress said as she turned her back to them. The three exchanged looks from each other. Tenzin sighed sadly.

"I hope you change your mind. Thank you for letting us to meet you, Ms. Sato." Tenzin said formally and they left the heiress alone. As the door closed, Asami burst out in tears. Her heart is in so much pain. She remembered the last time she felt that pain but then cheered up. The day when she met Korra.

*****

Short chapter ^^ But hope you like it. ;) Please comment and vote :D