Honeymoon Hijinks

Start from the beginning

"You did! And you did it in that 'Maya way'."

"Maya way?" Maya questioned raising her eyebrows in confusion. "What way is that?"

"The way you get when uhm when things aren't in order you get all stiff like you are trying to control every muscle in your body," Carina's face scrunched up.

"What?! I make that face?"

"Oh yes!" Carina smiled. "The face is the best part." She scrunched her face up again and looked at the blonde. "I'm Maya Bishop," she imitated.

"That's DeLuca-Bishop to you," Maya countered with a grin, taking a sip of her wine.

"Touchè," Carina laughed.

Just as they finished their conversation their waiter walked over with two bowls in his hand.

"The salmon?" He asked.

"Oh that's mine, thank you," Maya said as he placed the bowl down in front of her.

"And the ravioli for you," He added, putting the second dish in front of Carina. "Can I get anything else for you?"

"We're good, grazie," Carina smiled as he nodded with a small bow or his head and walked away.

"This looks incredible," Maya said, looking over at both of their meals.

"Only the best for our honeymoon," Carina smiled as she picked up her wine glass. "Cheers."

Maya clinked her own glass again her wife's before both taking a sip.

"I still can't believe we actually managed to pick a place to go," Maya said.

"It was definitely a process," Carina laughed, thinking back to their long discussions on where to g for their post-wedding travels.

"Oh here try some," Maya said, placing some salmon onto her fork and holding in front of the brunette's lips.

The corner of Carina's lips lifted slightly as she made sure to look into Maya's eyes as she took the food from her fork.

"You really do make everything sexy don't you?" Maya said, unable to help the feeling that coursed through her body every time Carina gave her what Maya had deemed her 'sex eyes'.

"Natural talent," Carina smirked. "That salmon is incredible. But as you were saying, yes I agree it is a miracle we managed to pick somewhere."

While Maya and Carina had been planning for their honeymoon they realised they had very different priorities when deciding where they wanted to go. Carina wanted the sun where she could just relax and read books, while Maya had wanted to have more of an adventurous holiday, somewhere where she could go on hikes and explore.

They had been a lot of back and forth, even resulting in a game of rock paper scissors. They'd played best of three, ending in one each and the third game going on for around twenty rounds - apparently being in sync with one another had its disadvantages after all. So, they'd given up on that idea and had taken out a map and gone through a large list of potential possibilities - Maya making a very detailed spreadsheet - and they'd eventually ended up on Mexico.

There was plenty for Maya to go and explore and more than enough sun for Carina to relax in, plus it wasn't too long of a flight from Seattle either.

So far on their honeymoon Maya had taken Carina surfing, which the brunette admitted she enjoyed way more than she thought she would. Maya had hiked up one of the near-by mountains and Carina had convinced the blonde to bring a few books to read, although she did notice the blonde try and sneak in a book about flames and house safety which she had quickly removed. No work - that was the rule.