Chapter 47- Closed

SOOBIN POV

When Yeonjun eventually came out of the bathroom we had about 45 minutes left until we had to meet at the cafe.

I know we won't end up there but for everyone else, their plans are not yet foiled.

"Junnie, baby?" I called as I found him sitting back on the bed. "Mhm?" he hummed back in response. "I have to go and umm..." I trailed off. I hadn't yet thought about what I was actually going to say.

"Bub are you alright?" Yeonjun asked, now turning to me, his full attention now on me.

I could feel my face reddening out of panic but I think he took it differently.

"Are you embarrassed or something?" he asked, ruffling his pink hair between his fingers.

THAT'S IT

"Um before we go to wishlist i've gotta go and...get my new meds" I lied.

Realistically the last time I got new meds was around 6 months ago, I never take them because I don't actually need them. The doctors just think I do but thinking about it now I am due new ones around now.

"Oh baby you don't need to be embarrassed about that, you need to get them now? Before we go out?" Yeonjun asked, stroking my shoulder softly in comfort.

"Mhm" I hummed in agreement. "Do you want me to take you?" Yeonjun asked sweetly.

I shook my head firmly. "You stay here, I'll be back before we need to go out together, besides my doctor will probably want to talk to me for a few minutes" I explained as convincingly as I could.

"You sure bub?" Yeonjun asked with a worried stare. "I'll be completely fine" I assured him as I placed a soft kiss on his pouty lips. "I won't take my keys so make sure you listen for the doorbell!" I added before disappearing into the hallway and out of his sight.

Before leaving I made sure to grab a piece of paper from the kitchen counter and a few pens. "You are going to help me so much" I giggled to myself as I stuffed the items in my pockets, leaving the house in an instant.

I only have one idea so this has to work, it just has to.

As I arrived at wishlist cafe I took in my surroundings. There was a cold winter frost forming so not many people were around. That made this so much better.

I went round the back of the building. If there's anything i've learnt from my past saturday jobs it's that the staff door at the back is almost always unlocked.

I nudged the door a little and a small crack appeared with a chain hanging over it.

So they had a latch but not a lock. And I have pens and paper but not a chain cutter.

Looks like we're both at a little loss but mine wont last long.

Upon a small inspection of the latch I realised it was one of them with the sliding ball, all I had to do was pull the chain along to knock it open. My hands are blatantly too big but you know what isn't...the pens I bought.

I slipped the pen through the crack, smiling at the feeling of it hitting the chain. I wiggled it to the left slightly, a small angle but just enough.

After about 5 more minutes of struggle I knocked that irritating latch out of its place, the door opening instantly.

Bingo.

It was pitch black inside, not a singular light was on. I took my phone from my pocket, turning on the flashlight. If I turned on a normal light people would think this place was open but I can assure you it's not.

You might have thought my plan would be to make this place appear open but I'm doing the exact opposite. Making this place look closed.

For now at least.

Leaning up against one of the wooden tables I scribbled down a note to stick on the door.

This plan wasn't elaborate. This plan was strategic.

'CLOSED FOR A WEEK DUE TO PERSONAL REASONS'

A perfect sign if you ask me.

I used the open close sign to tack the note to the door and disappeared back into the darkness of the cafe before leaving the building.

Great success.

LATER THAT DAY
BEOMGYU POV

Even though we planned to meet at the cafe, we all bumped into each other on our ways through the park. It was a cold day, some of the plowers iced over with a thin frost. It felt like it could snow.

We chatted the whole way, all of us socialising with each other like we used to. Sometimes it's hard to believe that Hueningkai went ghost on us for a while and the same with Soobin. At this point in time I don't see how we could get any closer to each other.

When we arrived we were greeted with a not so happy message.

"Well I guess that plans a bust" I said as I read the sign taped to the door. "I hope they're okay, we haven't actually heard from them in months'' Kai mumbled as he looked through the glass, hoping to see even the smallest bit of movement or any signs of life. "Me too Kaikai" I agreed as I leant on his shoulder.

"What are we meant to do now? I'm still hungry,'' Taehyun asked. He was clearly thinking with his stomach but at the same time I don't blame him. Even I'm getting peckish.

"How does going to the mall sound?" Yeonjun suggested with furrowed brows. "I'd be okay with anything aslong as its fucking edible" Taehyun said, clearly in a rush to eat something. The rest of us all agreed on eating at the mall for the easiest option. None of us felt like overcomplicating it.

I must say out of all of us Soobin seemed to be the least caring about the whole Seonghwa and Hongjoong situation. He never asked about them, even when we found their place closed.

Every so often I wonder about Soobin. It's hard to think of anything distinctive about him though. With his anger disorder and other conditions it's harder to understand him than your average person. He goes through episodes but I still love him just as I do all my friends.

Anyway, enough of that. I'm hungry.

A/N

Heya guys, I finally got to update again! I have 3 days left of my mock exams but its the weekend so i thought id give you a little chapter. It's kinda shitty but its all I could pull together because I wanted to give you somethinggggg

Votes and comments are appreciated :)

Lots of love as always <3

~Author C