Christmas Special

(This doesn't happen in the original story, it's like a cute little side story with different character relationships)

"Christmas!" Jack darts around the camp early in the morning. Waking me and Charles from our shared tent, his continued yelling going around the camp. We both chuckle. Getting up from laying on the cots. I put in some boots, jeans and a warm jacket then walk out. Jack running into me. Before he fully falls back I grab onto his arm and place him back in his feet.

"Jack, it's Christmas!" He smiles liking how I'm not mad. "How about we wait a bit for other people to wake up? We can open presents when they are?" I almost bribe him into saying yes.

"Ok!" Abigail finally catches up to him. She smiles at me, "Thank you y/n." Then walks away with Jack. Charles comes out of the tent.

"He's a ball of energy this morning." I chuckle getting up from kneeling down. "Can't wait to have our own little one." He whispers in my ear, I giggle and hit his arm playfully.

We walk to the small tree near the middle of camp. Set up just between Arthur's, and Dutch's tent. Piles of sealed crates or wrapped items under and around the small tree. Random decorations all around it.

Mostly everyone awake and half asleep today. Ready to start gifting and receiving gifts. We start, millions of thank you's and squeals of excitement. I received a a new knife from Javier, 2 romance novels from Mary-Beth and a small, slick black box from Charles.

"Well? Open it." Charles smiles at me. I smile back then carefully flip open the little box. A beautiful silver ring with an engraved deer head on it. "O-oh." His smile goes away. "Sorry! It's just..." I slowly pull out the same looking box from my pocket, flip it open and show him the gold ring I got him. With an eagle engraved on it.

We both look down at the boxes then at each other for a reaction. We both slowly smile and then laugh, how do we think so alike? We both take the small rings out of the box and put them on our ring fingers. I get up from my seat and go closer to him.

Wrapping my arms around his neck in an embrace, his arms going around my waist. "I love you." I say in his ear, he squeezed tighter and with his low tone. "I love you too."