[𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧]

Start from the beginning

"Sounds good.", she was impressed.

They stood up from the grass on which they sat and started walking. The duo was walking for a while now. It was peaceful and nowhere were any people to see. Only them and the nature.

"I'm glad that I found ya. It would be harder and completely boring if I had to do this without ya", Newt said after a while.

"Well I'm glad that you're still alive and here with me. And you were right. I'm pretty sure now that we can find them together. You're a really good friend Newt."

"You too. I don't know if I would have gotten this far without you", he answered with that bright smile on his lips like Teresa.

He had no idea when he had smiled so much the last time. It was an amazing feeling to be happy again.

- - -

The hours passed and it became noon. The two of them reached a forest clearing and decided to make a break.

The sun shone and the birds chirped. Over there flowers with almost every colour bloomed. In the middle stood a big tree.

Newt and Teresa sat down under it and leaned against the tree trunk.

"This is such a beautiful place", Teresa whispered.

"Doing the whisper thing again? But you're right this place is wonderful", Newt whispered back.

"Nah. But it feels like we should not talk to loud at such a peaceful place like this.", she answered still whispering.

"You're right.", he admitted.

"Hungry?", the boy asked while throwing an apple into her direction.

She catched it and murmured a quick ‚thanks' before biting into the red apple. He took out a second one, did the same and sighed.

"You know it's kind of sad that we don't have a lot of time. If we had we could stay here a little longer.", Teresa said after she had finished her apple with a bit of sadness in her voice.

"Yeah I know what ya mean. But maybe there a places like these at the save haven. And when we once reach it we have all the time."

"You're right. I guess now it's time for leaving", she answered and tried to not sound too sad.

"Looks like it."

- - -

They walked on for a few more hours. Most of the time in a comfortable silence. Newt asked himself how much time they had left. And again the boy hoped that their friends were okay. But he did not had time to think about it because Teresa interrupted him.

"Newt can I ask you something?", she asked.

"Sure, what's up?"

"How did you know exactly which way we had to take and which route takes longer?"

"Well Tommy and me, we had often talked about which way would be better and safer.", he answered.

"Does that mean we're walking were they were walking just a few days ago?"

"I'm not really sure. It could be but I guess they flew the way with the plane."

Teresa looked at Newt and smiled. The blonde knew what she was thinking right now. He smiled back at her.

"Let's try to find a place where we can sleep tonight", she suggested.

"Good that. I think there's a little forest just a few more feet in this direction.", he explained with his british accent.

They walked them in no time.

"We would have been great runners don't ya think?", Teresa asked after the two found a good tree.

"I think I have to tell ya something", he answered while they climbed up the tree.

"What is it?", she wanted to know while sitting down at one of the branches. Newt did the same.

"I actually was a runner once."

"You ... what?", she asked shocked. "I think you have something to explain to me", she added.

She did not sound mad, only curious.

"Yeah I think I do. It was three years ago two or three months after I first came into the glade. Back then it was only Alby, Minho, Gally and me. We needed someone to go into the maze and that was Minho and me. We did it like a year. But I got frustrated because we hadn't found a way out yet. And also because I couldn't remember anything. I knew there were memories but they were all gone. I was completely down. So one morning when everyone else was sleeping I ran into the maze. I climbed up the biggest wall I found and then I jumped off it. Minho then somehow found me and helped me get back. We never told anyone what happened. Since then I have my limp.", Newt finished.

"Oh god Newt", she said. Teresa had tears in her eyes.

The boy moved closer to her and hugged her. She hugged him back.

"Please don't cry. It's okay", Newt tried to comfort her.

The boy hugged the girl more tightly. After a few minutes she fell asleep. And a bit later Newt followed her example.

𝐡𝐞𝐲𝐲 𝐲'𝐚𝐥𝐥

𝐈'𝐦 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐚 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫.
𝐇𝐨𝐩𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐢𝐭.

𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐝𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐍𝐞𝐰𝐭'𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐓𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐚'𝐬 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐩?
𝐃𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐲 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬.

𝐇𝐨𝐩𝐞 𝐲'𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝.
𝐇𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐚 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐝𝐚𝐲/𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐨 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲.
𝐢𝐭 𝐧𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐞

𝐈𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐚 𝐯𝐨𝐭𝐞 𝐨𝐫 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭.
𝐈𝐟 𝐲𝐤 𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐈 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐝𝐨 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐦𝐞 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰.