Chapter Five.

"You wanna hear a song or a story?" Taehyung urged the one who was resting on his left arm. He frowned when his son twisted around with a pout. "Dadda. . ." He softly mumbled. "Yes baby, what happened?" He caressed his face and sought.

Daehyung seemed off since the morning, which certainly concerned his father — his usually bright baby looked dull today. "Yes baby, tell daddy, what happened?" he inquired again. "Daddy, do you have a girlfriend?" he peered elsewhere, not meeting his father's gaze. But instantaneously peeked up when he heard the loud laughter of his father.

"No, baby! Well, do you have one?" He asked teasingly, producing the young lad to turn red. Youngsters of his age generally avoid such topics and questions. It drives them shy and makes them embarrassed. "C'mon Dae bear, tell Dadda. I mean, I wouldn't take her away from you" He smirked and tenderly ran his fingers through the younger one's hair.

"No Daddy, he is a big fan of yours." Dae acknowledged and turned around to fend off himself from his father. "Ohh, so it's a he hmm?" Taehyung grinned and shuffled towards his son.

 Later, scooping him up between his arms. "Why? is it bad?" The fellow turned towards his father and instantly charged naively, "No baby, absolutely not. You can love whomever you want" Daehyung smiled sheepishly when his dad planted an affectionate smooch over his head. "But it's awfully early for you to date, though I'm not stopping you." The actor winked, purely to make Daehyung whine loudly.

"We're not dating!" Dae puffed. "We're just best friends," he sulked loudly and glanced elsewhere. "Aww, is my Dae bear crushing on someone" Taehyung uwu'ed at his son silently.

"Noooooi!!" Daehyung grunted, certainly withholding to escape further teasing. "Fine, Fine, you don't have to lie." Taehyung sulked back; his eyes still shone with mischievousness.

"But daddy, why don't you have one? People were talking online. Even Yoongi uncle was—" Tracing the frown on his father's forehead, Daehyung halted rapidly. "And you want me to get married? I love you, you love me. We don't need anything else, do we?" the father responded in a soft tone. But the frown did not leave him.

"We do!"the fellow whined clutching onto Taehyung's t-shirt "No baby, I can't get married" he reacted promptly enough. "C'mon, go to sleep now. Tomorrow is your birthday; I don't want you to reach school late on your special day" Taehyung tugged the younger under the thick sheets.

"But daddy- " Daehyung was about to continue, but Taehyung immediately closed his eyes, pretending to be sleeping.

"I want a mommy. . ." He murmured audibly enough for Taehyung to hear.

.

.

.

.

.

It was 1 am when Taehyung leaned onto the rim of the veranda. He sighed heavily, but a small smile that had crept his lips didn't leave. He looked towards the darkened sky, which looked beautiful because of the stars. "So he wants mommy." He chuckled to himself.

Flashback

 The school had the theater rehearsals ongoing. Everybody in the auditorium was rehearsing their lines for their play, but there was this boy who was sulking at the corner.

"There is no way! I swear, the professor is blind to make me the mother in the drama." He buzzed and yelled at the same time. "And there is no way you're escaping this Koo. Just to remind you, you've really few marks in your internals because of not participating in the extra circulars," Bambam described, resting beside him in the tree costume; the professor was indeed blind in his case. I mean, BamBam certainly deserved a better role.

"By the way, if you're the mom of that damn child. Haha. Who is the dad?" the former inquired, trying to shift the serious mood. But he grimaced when the latter lad got all red. "Whoa, Whoa. Are you getting shy, Koo baby? Oh my god, look at you," he chuckled in disbelief. Bambam had never seen his best friend blush like this.

"Who is it?" he questioned, with a stable smirk plastered over his lips. Which he was definitely trying to hide; Who wants to get in trouble with one and only Jungkook? Jungkook didn't answer his question. He kept looking down until—

"Hey, um it's our turn to get on the stage" a tall lad, who just had approached them exclaimed, showcasing his boxy smile.

Flashback ends

"I still remember the way you blushed that day. But why can't I remember your face? Taehyung reflected himself, holding the wave of sadness. He despised this. He hated that he lost everything in that accident. His parents, his happy life. All he had were the worn-out memories that he couldn't help but struggle to remember. All he had was Daehyung.

"Why me?" he whispered again. He remembered him but in a faded manner. He remembered him, but not his full name. He particularly remembered "Where are you, Kookie" he threw his head back, trying his best to control his tears.

All he remembered was 'Kookie.'