4 - Can You Hear Me Now?

Start from the beginning

"It doesn't matter. We're done with A, right?" Spencer said.

"Right. Yeah, I mean. But, I'm still staying out of Toby's way." Aria said.

"Yeah, and Jenna's." Spencer said.

"Toby's fine but if that bitch gets in my way, I'll just smack her. She'll never see it coming." Katherine said, laughing at her own joke.

"Kat, no." Emily said. "Anyways, I guess staying away from them is the safest option."

...

"Hi." Aria said, nervously walking into Ezra's classroom.

"Hi." Ezra said, looking at her and setting down the chalk.

"I saw you riding around town the other day, on your bike." Aria said.

"Yeah." Ezra said. "I saw you too, I waved. Remember?" He said, mocking the wave he did. "I would've stopped, but you weren't alone."

"Yeah, my friends. They thought you had nice legs." Aria said.

"I did hear Katherine ask for my leg routine." Ezra said, laughing slightly. "What did you think?"

"That, I was embarrassed that my friends thought you had nice legs." Aria said. "It's a little awkward under the circumstances."

"Aria, what are the circumstances here?" Ezra asked. "If you know, please tell me 'cause this is completely new territory to me."

"Yeah, me too." Aria said. "Maybe this isn't smart."

"I promise you, it's not smart." Ezra said. Aria headed back to the hall. "But we need to talk." Ezra said before she could leave. "There are things that we need to cover that we can't between classes. I'm home tonight. I could make you one or two dishes that I actually know how to cook. But I wanna talk to you when I'm not looking at you over a desk or through Dan Farren's faux-hawk."

"What time?" Aria asked.

"Seven." Ezra said.

"Seven's good." Aria said, before walking out of the classroom.

...

"He has to be in New England for a couple of weeks but he's making a special trip out to see me." Hanna said as they walked down the hall.

"That's great, Han." Katherine said.

"What?" Hanna asked when she saw all of their worried expressions.

"It's just, do you think he's out here because of the thing with Sean's car?" Emily asked.

"No. He's not. Look, I asked. Absolutely not. And besides, even if he was at least he's still coming out to see me." Hanna said.

"Spencer!" Mr. Sheldrake yelled. "I was gonna tell you in class but here you are. Remarkable job on the Russian history essay."

"Oh, thanks." Spencer said.

"Very lucid presentation." He said.

"It's not really a new idea." Spencer said.

"I've submitted it for the Golden Orchid." Mr. Sheldrake said happily.

"Wait, you what?" Spencer asked.

"There's an honorarium. But you know the real upside to winning an essay competition like that is how it looks on your applications." Mr. Sheldrake said.

"Wait, can we-" Spencer started.

"We'll discuss the details after class." He said, walking away.

"Okay, what's a Golden Orchid?" Hanna asked.