4 - Can You Hear Me Now?

Start from the beginning

"You talk to Ben?" Spencer asked Emily.

"Nothing to talk about." Emily said.

"I would give anything to never hear Ben's annoying voice ever again." Katherine said.

"So, you're really done?" Aria asked Emily.

"It's okay. I'm fine." Emily said.

"Okay, if you say so." Aria said.

"You deserve so much better than Ben, anyways. He's a dick. What he tried to pull in the locker room was not okay." Katherine said.

"Your turn, Kat." Hanna said. Katherine sat down and began blocking everything the other girls did. "I wish we had a drum roll for this." Hanna said when Katherine was almost done.

"We are officially A proofed." Katherine said.

"Listen, all those little messages zipping through the air all around us." Spencer said.

"Yep and none of them from A." Aria said.

"This feels like a good thing." Emily said.

"Of course it's a good thing." Hanna said.

"Out of mind, out of sight." Katherine said. Just then, one of Ali's missing posters flew to them. "You've got to be fucking kidding me."

Ding dong the bitch is dead

Aria crumpled up the paper and they all looked around them, spotting nothing weird or out of place. Katherine was the first one to start walking and the rest followed.

...

"Spence, why didn't your folks take you to New York with your sister?" Hanna asked. "I mean you deserve some retail therapy too."

"Not as much as Melissa." Spencer said.

"Hot scarf, Em." Katherine said as Emily walked up to them.

"Thanks." Emily said.

"Is it new?" Hanna asked.

"No." Emily said, looking at her phone.

Hanna's phone started to ring, she pulled it out but didn't answer. She just watched it ring. 

"Go ahead, answer it." Aria said. "We know who it can't be from."

"It's my dad!" Hanna said. She hadn't really heard from him since he left her and her mom. "Hey, dad!" Hanna said, putting the phone to her ear and walking off.

"Has she, even like talked to her dad since he walked out on them?" Emily asked.

"I don't know." Aria said.

"But based on how happy and surprised she looked, I'd say that she hasn't." Katherine said.

"Hanna and her father, it's one of those "don't ask, don't tell" situations." Spencer said.

"We shouldn't stare at her. Come on." Aria said, dragging them all away. Aria checked her phone as it went off. "My brothers post just showed up on my loop."

"You added him as a favorite?" Katherine asked.

"Yeah. Moment of weakness." Aria said.

They all turned to look at Emily as Toby walked in front of her. "Sorry." Toby said.

"My fault." Emily said.

"I wonder if we just bumped into A." Aria whispered.

"No way, Toby just got on my good list for what he did for Em. Don't start that." Katherine said.