Something to hold on to

When the plane was crashing down, Lottie thought that she was going to die and the only thing he wanted to do was pray for her life. She didn't believe in God, she really didn't, but she just needed something to hold on to. But the words wouldn't come out of her mouth and she couldn't even think of them. So she just searched for Laura Lee's hand, who was in the seat in front of her, praying out loud. She felt her squeezing her hand, and she felt a little bit better; she couldn't pray, but she did have something to hold on to.
Lottie just cried holding Laura Lee's hand really tight until she eventually blacked out.

Then, she started feeling something (someone) slapping her face softly. She opened her eyes and saw that it was Laura Lee, trying to wake her up. Only a split second later she heard all the screams and chaos around her.
"We need to get out of here, Lottie" she yelled among the noise "Come on, get up, I'll help you."

She put her arm around Lottie's waist, offering her a balance she didn't really need since she haven't broken anything, as far as she could tell. She still grabbed Laura Lee as if her life depended on it.

The next few hours were pure chaos, both of them tried to offer as much help as they could, and Laura Lee would come back to Lottie to check up on her every now and then, even though she had assured her that, apart from a few scratches, she was perfectly fine.
"Just making sure" Laura Lee would answer every time Lottie tried to make her understand that.

I've never made this kind of short drama-free chapters before. I'm really enjoying them! Don't know how long this will last tho so enjoy while you can hahhah