Chapter Twenty-Two

| THE DATE |

Cassie sat in the back room on her phone, she couldn't believe it, but she was going to admit that these phones are addictive. She began to type to Bucky, reminding him to bring filthy dollars with him for their bet, but she got a text from a very special kid.

Peter Parker- Hey! It's me, Peter.
- You remember me right?
- It's the kid from the airport in Germany a few years back.
- Spider-Man?
- That's me. Peter Parker.

Cassie Carter- I remember you, Peter. Don't worry.

Peter Parker- Oh, that's good.
- I was wondering if you could do me a favour.

Cassie Carter- Sure kid. What is it?

Peter Parker- My friend and I, Ned Leeds, have a history project and we have to do it on someone from American history. And I know that you're English but you were friends with Captain America since you were fifteen and you were also part of the Howling Commandos.

Cassie Carter- So what can I help you with?

Peter Parker- I was wondering if my friend and I could interview you. Ned and I will win the competition if we could interview you.
- But if your too busy we don't have to.
- It's fine, we could do someone else.
- But if you don't want to do the interview, do we have permission to do a project on you? Most other people from American history is dead or don't know I exist.

Cassie Carter- What about Bucky?

Peter Parker- I don't think Mr Barnes likes me very much after Germany.

Cassie Carter- I understand that. But when do you want to interview me?

Peter Parker- OMG! You'll let us interview you?!

Cassie Carter- Of course kid. I'm not working tomorrow if that suits you and your friend.

Peter Parker- That's great! Thank you so much! So tomorrow at noon? My house?

Cassie Carter- See you then, Pete.

"Hey, Cass, there's a guy here looking for you." Leah walked into the room Cassie sat in. "He also did the most adorable thing ever. He brought you a bouquet."

Cassie looked up from her phone to the woman and nodded her head. "Oh, okay, thanks, Leah. If you want I'll lock up, you can go home."

"Are you sure?" Leah tilted her head to the side, receiving a nod from the redhead.

Cassie smiled standing up from the chair. "Of course, my treat."

"You're the best, Cass. Oh, God, I can't wait to go home and get some food in me." Leah wrapped her arms around Cassie's shoulders with a chuckle.

"But one thing." Cassie pulled back from her co-worker. "Keep him company while I finish up, will you?"

"Yeah, sure." Leah nodded her head and walked out into the bar as she watched him try to stop the yellow Maneki-Neko from waving. "So, have you dated much since half the fish in the sea came back?"