Chapter 57: Tough News

Start from the beginning

"Thank Merlin you made it here safely." Molly said as she pulled away from me to turn to George and Lee.

We walked into the Burrow and immediately wrapped Fleur into a hug, we had become quite close during her time at Hogwarts for the triwizard tournament and now I get to see her more often because we are both dating Weasley's. We sat with cups of coffee (decaf tea for me) and talked for about 30 minutes whilst we wait for the midwitch to arrive. A loud knock could be heard over our conversation, Molly rose from her seat to answer the door.

"Oh hello. I'm looking for Y/n Y/l/n?" I heard a voice say.

"Of course. She is just through here. Can I get you anything to drink?" Molly asked warmly.

"Just a tea please." The voice said again.

"Of course. Y/n is in the living room." Molly said before I heard her footsteps to make the midwitch a tea.

A young looking lady walked into the living room, she wore a bright and calm smile, she had brown hair that was tied into a ponytail, she had hazel eyes and wore blue scrubs. The witch held a large machine and a small bag over her shoulder.

"Hello. Is Y/n Y/l/n in here?" She asked warmly with a large smile on her face.

"That would be me." I said raising my hand with a equally warm smile.

"Hello Y/n, I'm Maria. I'm going to be your midwitch for this pregnancy. It's wonderful to meet you!" She said holding out her hand which I gladly accepted.

"It's great to meet you too!" I said relied with a excited tone in my voice.

"Here's your tea,uhh.." Molly said, unsure of Maria's name.

"Oh sorry I didn't tell your earlier. I'm Maria." She said happily.

Everyone introduced themselves to Maria and they all shook their hands. She placed down her equipment and took a sip of her tea with a hum of approval.

"So Y/n, may I ask who the father of this child is?" She asked. "Just for the records." She assured.

"That would be my boyfriend, Fred." I replied. Maria quickly wrote it down and put away her quill.

"Have you experienced any symptoms?" She asked.

"Well I have been really sick and I've been feeling really tired lately." I relied.

"Perfect that's normal. The morning sickness should go away at the second trimester and you may be tired for the whole pregnancy." She said. "Are you ready to see your baby?"

"Of course I am!" I replied. Both me, Fred, Fleur and Molly all shared a look of excitement and anticipation of seeing little bean.

"Can you please lay out on the sofa." Maria asked. I laid down on the empty sofa and pulled my skirt down and my top up slightly to reveal my stomach. Everyone decided to stay, everyone wanted to see the baby. Maria set up a machine with a large screen and a weird scanner at the bottom.

"This is actually a muggle machine that they use for pregnancy, it gives a clearer view of the baby which is better than the wizarding one." Maria said.

"Awesome. Sounds cool!" I replied with a smile. I glanced over to Arthur who had took a sudden interest in the machine as was staring at it in awe.

"I'm going to put a gel on your stomach, this helps give a clearer picture. Just warning you that it's cold" Maria said. I nodded in reply.

She added the blue gel to my stomach, I lightly gasped at how cold it was which earned a giggle from everyone in the room, including me. Maria put the scanner over the gel to spread it out. She then turned on the screen which showed a black and white image of the baby, she turned the screen towards me and Fred, who was holding my hand. We stared at the screen, staring at our baby bean. It was only a small dot on the screen but it was still beautiful.