"Okay, guys," I said when we went to meet up for our pre-game pep talk. "I know that it's the first game against the Capitals this season, but it's nothing you can't handle. Play your game, have each other's backs, and you'll be fine. Don't let them get to you." The guys nodded and started heading out. "Let's go, Flower. Nothing comes in," I said.

"No survivors," Geno said.

"That's right, Evgeni."

Sidney was the last one in the room. He was still nervous. "Ready?" I asked.

"No, I'm nervous again."

"Don't be. Hey," I smacked his cheek lightly, "Focus. Play the way I know you can and it will be fine. Just act like it's a regular game," I said.

"I don't know what I'd do without you," he kissed me on the forehead.

"I don't know either. Good luck out there," I replied.

Sidney's Point of View

"I don't know either. Good luck out there," Erin said as I headed out onto the ice. I looked around for Annalise in the crowd as I warmed up. Sutter and I had gotten her a seat close to the bench. I found her and smiled. She waved and I nodded. Then I turned my attention to warming up with Erin's voice ringing in my ears, 'Focus. Play the way I know you can and it will be fine.'

"She looks pretty tonight, doesn't she?" Sutter said as we stretched.

I was watching Erin finalize lines and replied, "She always does."

"Man, you've really fallen hard for Annalise," Sutter sounded surprised.

"Wasn't that the point?" I asked.

"I thought it'd take you a while to come around. You've never really been one to have a serious relationship. Have you even been with anyone you really liked in the past few months? I'm not talking about that hookup, because I know you felt guilty as hell afterwards, but was there someone else?"

"No," I lied, "There hasn't been anyone else for a while." It wasn't really a lie; there hadn't been anyone but Erin, Sutter just didn't need to know that.

"I'm glad you're happy, man," Sutter clapped me on the shoulder.

"Yeah, thanks," I replied, getting up to start shooting.

We lined up for puck drop and I stood across from Ovechkin. "Crosby," he said.

"Ovechkin," I nodded.

"Who was the pretty bird you came in with?"

"Who are you talking about? I didn't come in with the girl I'm seeing!"

"Well, if you aren't seeing her, I bet I could make her sing. She's very pretty; I bet she's got a nice voice. I'd love to hear her screaming my name," Ovechkin was staring over at Erin with a predatory smirk on his face.

"Don't talk about her like that," I growled, gripping my stick tighter.

"She's not with you; why do you care?"

"Don't talk about her. Don't even look at her, Ovechkin."

"What are you going to do, Cindy? Fight me? She doesn't belong to you; she can do what she wants. And I bet that she'd be happy to come home with me tonight after I clean the ice with your hideous face."

"You're one to talk. And if you lay a fucking finger on her I'll kill you," I hissed.

"I'd like to see you try," he caught Erin's eye and winked. "Oh, she blushed! I must have an effect on her. You'll be missing her tonight, and I hope you remember who she's with. Such a pretty thing..."