"You smell so good." He whispers into my neck, giving me a light kiss.

"Okay, dog." I chuckle, looking at him when he lifts his head up.

"Careful, I might bite you." He smirks and my cheeks heat up.

"Careful, I might just like it." I smirk back and he groans, going back down to my neck to leave another kiss.

"Can I sleep with you tonight?" He asks and my heart smiles at the vulnerability in his voice. Since when did this fool become all sweet? I decide to put the past behind us and nod my head. I can feel him smile into my neck and start leaving light kisses up and down my neck. I have to bite my lower lip to stop the moan that threatens to slip and Milo must've sensed it because he starts to suck on my sweet spot. His hold on my waist lowers to my hips and pulls me flush against him, feeling just how much he likes this.

"Milo—"

"Gross!" I jump and move away from him. I look over to see Lucia looking at us gagging and my face heats up because I really forgot that she was even here. Milo growls and I have to hold back my laugh when I look at him to see that he's very annoyed that we were interrupted.

"I'm going to go help your mother with dinner." I say before walking off to the kitchen. When I first moved in here, I was shocked when Amelia said that they don't have a cook. She told me that they use to have one and that they still keep her around for major events but that Amelia likes to cook most of the time and wants to be able to feed her family. She nearly burns half the food but I couldn't care less.

Amelia must've heard me come in because she looks up from stirring something in a pot and smiles.

"Oh hi!" She says happily. I return her smile and stand next to her.

"So what's for dinner?" I ask looking into the pot. I close my eyes and take a big whiff of the food and nearly moan because it smells so good.

"Chicken Alfredo."

Yummy.

Both Amelia and I spend the next hour getting dinner ready and I help set up the table. Grayson ends up walking into the kitchen—not noticing me yet— and gets behind Amelia. She smiles up at him and he leans down to kiss her. He starts trailing kisses down her neck and pulls her back against him by the waist. A moan leaves her mouth and my face heats up.

Okay this is getting too heated. Should I clear my throat to let him know that I'm literally standing six feet away? Should I leave?

When I see him start lifting up her dress, my eyes widen and I decide to just leave the kitchen.

Thirty minutes later, Amelia walks out with her curly hair messy and all over the place with flushed cheeks and Grayson trails out behind her with a grin on his face.

Yep, they definitely fucked.

"Isabelle," Grayson finally notices me and smiles, "good to see you're doing well."

I nod, smiling back at him and quickly looking away. Milo is sitting next to me on the couch and furrows his brows when he sees how red I am. I lean close to his ear and whisper, "I think your parents just had sex in the kitchen."

Milo looks up at his parents and probably notices their messy attire because his eyes widen and looks away. I laugh at the disgusted look on his face and we both get up from the couch and head to the table for dinner. I smile at everyone at the table as we eat and Milo places a hand on my thigh letting me know that he's right here with me. We all talk and laugh and my heart clenches at the thought that I finally have people who care about me in my life.

I finally have a family.

After dinner, I try to help Amelia with the dishes but Lucia says that she'll help and that I should get some rest. I try to protest but the little girl glares at me and I sigh with a laugh and start heading up the stairs to my room.

I lay down on the bed and close my eyes, not because I'm tired but because I'm so content right now I feel like I'm almost levitating.

The door to the bedroom closes and I open my eyes to see Milo leaning against it with his hands in his pockets.

I sit up on my elbows and tilt my head to the side.

"Hi."

He smiles and starts walking up to me.

"Hi." He says when he sits down next to me on the bed.

I look down and start playing with the hem of my dress and take a deep breath before speaking.

"Look, I'm sorry for being short with you and ignoring you, but what happened a few weeks ago between us hurt. I understood that you were hurting and angry about your grandfathers passing but you also hurt me in the process." He closes his eyes and winces like the mere memory of it hurts him. Running his fingers through his hair, he looks back at me and speaks.

"What I did to you was selfish. I never intended on hurting you like that ever. I don't know what happened to me, it's like a switch flipped inside me and next thing you know it wasn't just the pain of my grandfathers passing that started to hurt me but...other things as well."

"Things like what?" I hesitantly ask. I don't expect an answer because he usually never opens up to me, but when he looks back at me with pain and vulnerability in his eyes, I know he's about to. I don't push it though. I simply sit here and wait for him to talk.

After a few moments of just looking at each other, he breaks eye contact and takes in a deep breath.

"It all started when I was fifteen."

*****

Yeah...y'all might want to take a deep breath before reading the next chapter.