(3) Her Alpha

Daryl is an alpha who has never taken a mate, and when the reader comes along his instincts go crazy

Daryl is an alpha who has never taken a mate, and when the reader comes along his instincts go crazy. He does what he can't to subtly court his omega only it wasn't doing much until Carol tries to make him her alpha.
- A/B/O
- Fluff
- A tiny bit of Angst
- Lime, not full blown Smut.
—————————————————

Being one of the last Omega in existence, especially in a Zombie Apocalypse wasn't easy. Most of the survivors that Lily had run across were Alpha's and boy did they think they were tough shit. She had never been with an Alpha, because of her stubbornness she had made sure even in a dead world she wouldn't have one.

She fought against every instinct that came with an Alpha she crossed, she barley managed to make it out alive with the last one. She survived though, and ended up at the prison, the same prison that held Daryl Dixon. He was a loner, an Alpha that could actually keep his hands to himself.

She actually got along with him, and his friend Rick who wasn't interested in her. Not because he didn't want an Omega but because Daryl had already staked his claim. Although neither of them really knew it, in terms of an Alpha, they were true mates.

Rick had noticed it subtly at first, Daryl had started to act different after Lily joined the group. He picked up more supplies, brought back more game, made sure everyone was safer than he did before. It was a group thing he started with, then he started to give her random gifts.

It was subtle at first, small things to help with her heat, bigger portions of dinner, more clothes. Then he started to nest around her, not that they seemed to notice. Everyone in the prison noticed but them, it came to the point where they acted like a couple but they didn't even know it.

She accepted his gifts with happiness, feeling loved by the attention. She had never had anyone care on her, it was always expected of her to care for the Alpha.

Maybe that was why she fell in love with him.

Not that she knew it yet.

———

It had been a long hot day, everyone had been bustling about and Lily had taken to helping the kids with there chores. Daryl was watching from afar making sure that she was safe, he couldn't remember when it started but he did know that he was okay with it. He loved watching her, listening to her voice, seeing her smile; it made his day almost seem brighter.

After years of abuse and trying to push everyone away, he was finally able to get some relief and that was her. When Rick first brought her in, he almost scoffed to himself because he knew she would be just like any other Omega. Throwing herself at any Alpha she could; but he was proven wrong. So wrong.