She nodded turning her face to the side. “Get out”

I did as she said; wiping loose tears with the back of my hand.

Everyone who was once in the room filed back in.

Except my dad and mom

“Erick”

“Dad”

“Come here” he motioned me closer with his finger and I followed

“You are not leaving that girl; do you understand me?”

“Hun” my mom looked sadly at my dad

“No!” he continued to glare at me

“I said do you understand me Erick Carter?”

“Yes”

[Max’s POV]

“I’m gonna miss you son” my dad said sternly as he hit my shoulder. “Be safe, don’t talk to strangers and don’t drink; you could never hold it”

I smiled “Thanks dad” we embraced briefly and tightly. He sniffed trying to keep back his tears but Maddie and mom were already bawling.

I picked up my suitcase of the last things that remained in my dad’s house and waved at all of them and they waved back.

“Make sure you call and visit us!” Trudy shouted after me “And make sure you wear the jumper I knitted for you on the plane!”

“I will Mom!”

As I climbed into my car I drove off turning on the radio; trying not to let sad thoughts consume me.

Serenity placed a hand on mine “You alright?”

“Yeah” I whispered; my throat clambering up.

She shot me a soft smile

“I love the airport! They always have expensive candy!” Drake shouted from the back

“Yeah!” Trinity squealed in agreement.

“I’m gonna get Max to buy me some” I heard him whisper to Trinity.

“Same here” she whispered back

“No I’m not” I answered them back with for the first time an actual genuine smile.