Chapter Fifteen: Christmas Day

Hello my super duper amazing readers! Hope you guys are having a fantastic day! Oh and Happy New Year!

I'm extremely sorry for not updating in months. I will try my best to update as much as possible.

So, I hope you guys are enjoying the story so far. I'm deciding whether to make a second book for this story or not. It depends how well this story goes, or if you guys do want a second book. Hmmm, let's just see how this story goes, then I'll decide.

So school starts again on Monday. *insert crying emoji* And I'm already dreading it. This school year is already a very stressful year for me, considering the fact that I'm a Junior and I have to get lots of things done. *sigh* What grade are you guys in anyway? Haha.

Anyway, Here's Chapter 15! Enjoy! :)

________________________________

*Katniss' POV*

"Katniss, wake up!" I felt my body being shaken. "Wake up! There's presents downstairs! Let's open them!" I groaned.

I slowly open my eyes and see Prim hovering over me. "Katniss, let's open our gifts! C'mon, get up."

I sighed. I threw the covers next to me and got up from the bed. "Fine. I'm up."

"You're so slow. Come," Prim said, grabbing my wrist, and leading me down the stairs, into the living room. Once we reached the Christmas tree, Prim grabbed one of the gifts.

"This one's for you," She said, handing me the small perfectly wrapped gift. I took it from her hands and began unwrapping it.

Once I saw what the gift was, I literally almost screamed. It was an IPhone 6! It was the only thing I asked for this Christmas and I actually got it!

"Lucky!" Prim frowned. She unwrapped her gift, revealing the new surface tab pro. Hey, it was what she asked for.

"EEEEEPPP!" She squealed. She hugged the box. I hear footsteps coming down the stairs. "What's with all the screaming?" My mother asked, holding her robe closed.

We smiled and ran up to our mother, hugging her tight. "Thank you for the gifts Mom," I said, while hugging her.

She chuckled. "Your welcome my babies." She broke the hug. "There's still more gifts to open. I'll start making our famous Christmas breakfast," She said, smiling.

"Okay. Come on Katniss," Prim said, leading me back to the Christmas tree. We opened the rest of our gifts. Besides the IPhone, I got some clothes and $50 dollars. Prim got the tablet, clothes, some nail polish and $50.

Overall, Prim and I were extremely happy and grateful for our gifts. We both know that our mother works very hard for the stuff we have today.

"Girls, breakfast is ready!" My mother called from the dining room. "Coming," Prim and I answered. We both got up from the couch and made our way to the dining room, taking a seat in our chairs once we arrived.

"Katniss, be sure to tell everyone that the dinner tonight is at 7pm sharp," My mother said, taking a bite of her pancake after. "They know. I sent them a text last night."

"Alright, good," She said, smiling. We all finished up our special Christmas Day breakfast. "You two can leave your plates here, I'll clean up. I know you two want to hang out with your friends," My mother said, getting up from her seat.

"Mom, it's okay. We can clean up our own plates. It's the least we could do," I insisted.

"No, Katniss. It's fine. I'll clean up. You two go upstairs and get ready. Just remember to be back around five o'clock sharp. I need you two looking very nice for the dinner tonight," She said, picking up our plates.