"Somewhere...far." Was all he said, before breaking his and Misty's eye contact and walking away. Misty raised an eyebrow, and looked at Red, oblivious to the reason for Ash's leave.

"Why did he leave?" Misty asked.

"I think I might know." Red said, looking at the direction Ash went out in.

* * *

The league was going well for everyone. Clemont unfortunately had to battle against Tim, and lost, considering Tim was the second winner in the trainer's section. Brock was against Paul, and Paul defeated him. It was a tough win. Drew and Dawn hadn't lost, and May was on the edge of losing but won. Ursula didn't. Serena was doing good.

The fourth round was up. Since there were many contestants, there was a fifth round before the semi-finals. For the fourth one, Ash was up against Paul. Paul and Ash both did their best, and Ash won against him. It was pretty easy for him, with his so supporting and loving pokemon, he was winning. Leaf lost to Misty. Red and Gary won their battles too.

[For dumbos like me, who didn't understand the stat, let me show it to you.

Trainer's section-

Clemont vs Tim- Tim [3rd round]

Brock vs Paul- Paul [3rd round]

Gary vs someone- Gary [4th round]

Red vs someone- Red [4th round]

Misty vs Leaf- Misty [4th round]

Ash vs Paul- Ash [4th round]

Trust me, it was confusing for me too. Took me a while to sort it out.]

Until, the trainer section's battling list for the fifth round was up. Ash was teamed up against...Red.

He was surprised at first, but regained himself quickly, a sudden feeling of anger and determination going down his body. He saw Red at the other end of the crowd, looking at the board too, and then at him. There was tension between them, no doubt, but Ash was indeed filled with rage for he was thinking Red was stealing his Misty from him. He didn't wanna care, because Misty was only his friend and can be with anybody she desired, but he just couldn't stop.

He turned around and went away, leaving Red there. Misty approached and also saw Ash going away, then to the battle board. She caught up with the situation quickly and face-palmed herself. She had told Red about her talk with Mason and Red understood it. He was the only one to know, she still didn't wanna tell anyone. After Red stated his opinion on the situation at the hotel, she couldn't help but be surprised at what Red had thought was going on.

"Do you really think that's the problem here?" Misty asked Red.

"I'm damn sure." Red said, and then waved Misty, bidding her bye and walking into the waiting room for his next match, with Ash.

~

"And our next match is between one of our old champions, RED." The commentator announced, and the crowd started cheering. Red entered the stadium and stood at his position with a hand in his pocket.

"Against him is our new champion. Well, seems like he'll win this league. ASH KETCHUM!" the commentator said again, and Ash, with both hands in his pocket and cap hung a bit down to hide his eyes, entered the stadium to his position. The crowd cheered for both their favorite boys.

Red looked at Ash, more like, his hat. He knew the reason for Ash's behavior.

Jealousy.

His ability to observe was the same as Sarah's. He observed Ash, and after getting to know that Misty loved Ash, he joined all the pieces together. He already knew that Ash loved Misty from the beginning. Nobody even thought of doing what he had done for Misty, that is enough for yelling out that Ash loved Misty.