1. Taking chances

"Come on!" Jim pleaded, following me as I tried to move away. His brown eyes bore into my hazel-gray ones. "We're not thieves," I argued, shaking my head. "Yeah but we gotta survive. We gotta take chances," he replied, placing his hands on my shoulders, overlapping my wavy brown hair.

I thought of the idea of an adventure. Well, technically for us, everyday was an adventure. But what about a big one? And what he was saying, was big. I felt a spiral in motion inside me build up, and I know he would figure it out.

"Aha! Your eyes! They turned bright blue! That means excitement," he smiled, and I rolled my betraying eyes. "Remind me to turn away when you pressure me," I laughed, giving in.

"Honestly that's the coolest thing ever. I mean your eyes are literally mood rings. But like 100% correct. I know it has to do with your powers, and I know how you feel about all that stuff in your past...," he paused, "but it's really cool," he beamed at the last part.

"Did you do some planning already?" I asked, sitting down in a swivel chair. He pulled pulled one up next to me and began typing, his fingers a tornado blur. He didn't even have to move his hand about the keyboard. His fingers stretched all the way. Yeah, stretched. There are a few things you need to know about us:

1. We have superpowers
2. No we're not experiments
3. Yeah we have dramatic pasts

Jim has super stretch powers. He's basically like a 5"9 human ball of clay. We're a year apart, me being 16 and him 17. We knew eachother at a lab where we were being contained. Studied. Observed.

Almost experimented.

You name it. We escaped, two six year olds, having to grow up too fast. He got his powers in a quite complicated way. His mom was a single mom, and a part of a secret rocket organization. She was to go in a rocket and explore a section of space. On her way, they encountered an unknown force. A small purple stone.

It was found on a crater, it's gleam outshining the nearest stars. She touched it for a single second and almost died. Crippled, she hastily returned to earth. She recovered, but a few months later she gave birth. Jim.

Though it didn't show, and she didn't know, she was pregnant when she touched that stone. Therefore, giving him some extraordinary power. But she died when he was three, the final exposure catching up to her in the race. Now, you're probably wondering what I am. What monstrosity was I given. Let's just say... I have a wild side.

My mother was pregnant, and they were animal genetic researchers. They had a lab in southern Alaska, a quaint looking thing on the outside, but then underground, a master piece for any scientist. Their latest project was giving an Animal qualities of another's. Everything was going right, as they experimented on a tiger. It got loose, blood spilling. It even hurt itself and in doing so, became angrier. It attacked my feeble mother, and unlike Jim, she was already showing pregnancy. My mother got a scratch on her stomach, and the Tigers blood mixed with hers. While protecting her, my father died in the attack. A few months later, I was born, seemingly innocent, but with a clawing power inside. My mother didn't survive my birth, and after a few years in the foster care, I had an incident. They sent me straight to the lab, and it happened so fast and so long ago, my only memory of my young child hood is my first kill.

That's right. Kill. But definitely not on purpose. A three year old just doesn't wake up and say I'm going to kill the closest person I know. It wasn't me. It was the animal. The tiger.

My power is where I can morph into different animals. Extinct, ancient, and now. You name it. And basically a side effect are my mood eyes. "Emily!"

The images of blood splattering permeated my mind.

"Lily!"

"What?" I asked, snapping my gaze back towards him. "You need to stop doing that," he muttered, turning back to the computer. He immediately hacked into a system and pulled up plans of a certain house alarm. I forgot to say the kids a freaking genius. "I'm not doing anything,"

"Stop dwelling on the past lil," he said, his eyes glued to the screen. I could see the screens reflection in his eyes, a glowing murky square. "Here," he sighed, pushing the screen towards me.

"Brilliant," I smiled, and he beamed back.

"This is how we're breaking into tony Starks house,"