ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔢𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱 ☽

Start from the beginning

Addison stepped into the bathroom silently, taking the oversized dark blue shirt Andy had given her and a pair of Calvin Klein boxers with her. Reaching behind the shower curtain to turn the shower on to the hottest setting, she turned back to the mirror, her heart shattering more as she took in her state. Palms pressing to the cool marble counter, a soft breath leaving her lips when she finally decompressed, her heart shattering momentarily before she looked at herself in the mirror, making a silent promise that she would bounce back from this heartbreak, and she would ruin her sisters life for what she did. Anger, grief, sadness, betrayal, all very good words to describe what she was feeling. Peeling the wet dress off her body, the fabric hitting the ground with a soft plop, she stepped into the shower, letting the water wash away the pain of the day. Pain and dirt washing down the drain as she let the steam overtake her, cleansing her of the present and tragic day.

Andy sat on the bed, the wedding ring on his left hand being pulled off and set beside him on the mahogany wood bedside table. He too was decompressing, there was something comforting about being in this with someone, especially if that someone was the one who slipped your grasps. But his wife still betrayed him, his son dead, and he was slipping into a dark hole he wasn't sure he could emerge from. He rolled his head against the headboard, the soft pitter patter of the shower water hitting the ceramic of the tub filling his ears. He knew Addison was trying to hold it together for the both of them, but they were both breaking. He felt like he had been stabbed, his chest ached, he longed for a comforting touch, one that he knew Addison would give, because little did he know, she desperately needed it as well. He brought his left hand up in front of his face, his eyes examining the spot where his wedding ring resided for 18 years, tears forming in his eyes. He loved Laurie, but she didn't love him, or her sister, or anyone else.

The water turned off, the only sound being the tree branches hitting the window as Addison appeared out of the shower, Andy's heart stopping as he looked over at the girl he secretly pined over for nearly two decades, her small body clad in his clothing sending new emotions flowing through him. He slipped his tongue out of his mouth, saliva coating his chapped lips while he stood up, walking over to the girl, her breath catching in her throat as she looked up at him. "Wow." Andy whispered, placing his hands on her hips while she offered a small smile, her hand resting on the center of his chest. He could tell she was contemplating something, the way her doe shaped eyes kept flickering from his face to anywhere else in the room, right as he was about to ask, her lips were on his, a small gasp leaving his throat before he was matching her movements. She quickly pulled away, stepping out of his grasps while a pink blush covered her features. "Oh my God, I'm so-" She started, being cut off by Andy's lips on hers.

"Do. Not. Apologize." He murmured, each word being punctuated by his lips meeting hers, a smile forming on her lips while they mended together. Her arms slipping around his neck while he placed his hands on the back of her thighs, tapping the skin informing her to jump, her small body reacting immediately, legs wrapping around his torso as he carried them to his bed, their lips never leaving each other. He set her down gently, hair splaying out the pillow while he pulled away slowly, their chests heaving as their eyes caught each other, her hands cupping his cheeks to bring him down into another kiss, nipping at the skin on his lips, a groan leaving his chest while she giggled slightly, pulling away to card her fingers through his hair. Hands trailed from his hair, down his face and neck, stopping to start to unbutton his shirt. "Baby, we're better than them." Andy whispered, watching her nimble fingers unbutton his shirt, sharp gasps leaving his lips when she drug her nails down his chest. "I just want to feel skin." She smiled, biting down on her lip.

"Don't do that, you look too innocent." Andy chuckled, his eyes darkening when he leaned down, nipping on her bottom lip before he rolled onto his back, pulling Addison into his side while she placed her head on his chest. "I am innocent, I don't know what you're talking about." Addison teased, running her fingers up and down his chest, running her tongue over her lips. "Oh yeah? So if I do this-" Andy smirked, leaning over to press a messy kiss to her lips, before he placed wet kisses against her jaw line, dipping his head into her neck to nip at the skin, a breathy moan leaving her lips. "You're gonna continue to say you're innocent?" Andy smirked, settling back on the pillows while Addison blushed, looking up at him. "No fair." She pouted, Andy running the back of his free hand down her face gently. "Never said I played fair honey. What do you say we get some rest?" He asked, pulling the sheets around the two of them, his grip on the girl not loosening while she nodded slowly, swallowing hard. "Hey, I promise neither of them are going to show up, and if they do, I'll take care of it." He whispered, feeling her relax against him. "Thank you."

Minutes passed quickly, Andy laying absentmindedly in the bed, fingers still moving against Addison's spine while he stared up at the ceiling. He knew that both of them were breaking slowly, the world seemed against the two in the bed. The only noise keeping him sane was the loud rain beating against the window, the branches of the tree outside screeching against the glass. The way he felt so empty, but so whole at the moment was confusing to him, the pain of his wife cheating on him crushing him like a bug, but the soft breathes of the girl asleep on his chest bringing a sense of relief he had never imagined. His mind was going a thousand miles an hour, did she mean those kisses, did she mean her advances, or was it just a way to get back at her sister for sleeping with her boyfriend? He didn't want to believe she would use him, they had a unique bond since the day they met, and an ever bigger bond now that Jacob was gone.

"Andy." Addison breathed out in her sleep, bringing the man out of his thoughts, furrowing his eyebrows, his free hand cupping her cheek. "I'm here honey." He whispered, her body moving impossibly closer to him. "I'm yours, I promise." She whispered, her voice barely audible in her sleep induced state. She was dreaming of him, a smile crawling across his lips as he closed his eyes contently, his hand moving from her shoulder blades to the small of her back, locking her body against his securely. A groan leaving his lips when his phone buzzed, his eyes squinting at the brightness of his screen as he opened up the text, his wife's photo at the top. 'I miss you.' Laurie had sent, along with a string of hearts. A small laugh left his lips, quiet enough to not wake Addison but to lift her head with the rumble of his chest. 'I know your secret.' Andy replied, locking the device before falling asleep.

Laurie laid on Tommy's chest, both of them freezing as they read the message from Andy. "He knows.." Laurie whispered, looking up at the auburn headed boy who ran a hand through her hair. "We'll deal with it tomorrow." Tommy spoke gently, her eyes fluttering closed while his short nails scrapped against her scalp. "You're worth all of the drama that's about to ensue." Laurie whispered, setting her phone aside while Tommy smiled, pressing a kiss to the top of her head. "You're worth it too." Tommy replied, squeezing Laurie tighter to him.

Little did they know, the two people they decided to hurt, were about to hit their breaking point and retaliate against the people who were supposed to love them.

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ────── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

divider by TomHollandsQuakson Breathin, symbols dividers 1/3