Chapter 35 Precious Moment

Jordan ran her finger over the trail of a scar that laid over his stomach. A seal that had partially healed from the stabbing of a silver dagger.

Silver injuries never healed, instead they scarred.

Kyle sucked in a breath at her touch. It felt different now, intensified. He knew it was because he felt her emotions more intense than ever. She hadn't realized he was so strongly affected by her touch until he lifted slightly with a groan.

She had water in her eyes. She was sad he knew. Sad, he felt the agony of being stabbed with silver. Diante explained what it did to them.

She had no need to worry, it may have left a scar, but he had completely healed internally. Still, he hadn't understood how or why.

Sighing, he raised a finger under her chin and lifted it up till her eyes would find his. Stared deep into his soul they did. Penetrated his soul before his heart but then again, she always penetrated him.

She held his gaze, his eyes narrowed had she never so confidently could hold his hard gaze. He always stared at her with such love and passion that she used to shy away from his eyes. A lock their eyes were.

A silent message conversed between the two. A message that conveyed their great desire for one another.

Lustful? No.

Passionate desire one not physical.

A look that said they could not survive without one another. That they'd willing lay their life for the other, putting them between them and whatever threatened their very existence. Threatened even their mental.

His very soul caught fire with his obsessive thoughts that only one person could elicit from him.

Questions and answers hung in the air, and yet his only gaze could drop to her precious pink lips. Full and wanting to be destroyed by him. Only he wouldn't destroy them, he would treat them with tenderness.

Her breath caught in her throat, and he only realized her eyes flickered down to his reflecting the same desire and craving as he.

He succumbed to this desire as he leaned forward and their lips brushed against each other, a bolt of electricity shocking her caused her to gasp but it only made him groan with the want to feel it again. Had he kissed her again, he wouldn't stop.

His breath shook as did hers. She was close, very close and her scent began to sweetly ravage all his other senses.

He closed his eyes, cupping her face and laying his forehead against hers. "I'm sorry" He breathed out.

"I'm sorry for being selfish. I thought you were better off without me" He whispered, and she gripped his hand, leaning into. The very act strained him.

Why had everything felt 10x better than before? Every touch, every small essence of her scent affected him.

"You woke up. That's all that matters," she whispered.

He shook his head. If given the situation, he wouldn't have ever woken up. Her scream petrified his very stubborn determination. If he hadn't, she would have been dead. She wasn't dead and that's what mattered.

"You're here," he said. She pulled back with a nod.

Though he hadn't planned to wake up, he was grateful he had. Nothing felt better than being with her.

Now being awoken, seeing her face and not just hearing her soothing voice like he had the few days he was "asleep". He hated it, couldn't even understand how he could ever think it was easier, better to be without her, away from her. He didn't understand any of his thinking, but he knew staring at her right now, he never wanted to do it again.